GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamadi Banna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 09:42:21 -0500
I strongly doubt that Momodou Camara would be subscribing people to this
list with a hidden agenda to sow division among its members on behalf of the
APRC government.

I do not intend to hold brief for Mr. Camara, for I have no doubt that he
can defend himself on this forum.  However, I have to point out that since I
first subscribed to this list in early 1997 when it was then hosted by the
University of Washington, Seattle I've known Mr. Camara to be outspoken
against injustice.

I've never set my eyes on him except when I visited his website, which I
have to say provides useful information and links on The Gambia and
Pan-African issues.  Until proven otherwise, I would consider him a civil
and fine gentleman who would not want to associate himself with corrupt and
morally bankrupt people.

If Gambia-L is to shake off the tag of an anti-APRC forum, we may need to
convince ourselves in the first place that it is not.  For if this forum is,
then let's start digging its grave before the downfall of Yayha Jammeh's
government.

Hamadi.