GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jawo abdoulie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:35:08 +0100
  Rene,

  I agree. However, when one sees the sun but decides to organize a christening ceremony to call it the moon, people are mentally forced not to judge the utterances of such a person, but the person himself or herself. Incontestably, therefore, those who attempt to disparage the person of Halifa should be doing more than what that real gentleman is doing for the Gambian people and for humanity.

  Any thing short of that, and any consequent attempt at criticizing him, that is, Halifa, is a fruitless and an empty enterprise in the verbiage of cabbage because it cannot be substantiated. Many people from different shades of Gambian society did try it, but only got their own limitations and penchant for pettiness exposed further. Like Halifa himself would say, "Truth is like a rock, it stands there. You hit it you suffer, it hits you, you suffer". (Speech by Hon. Halifa Sallah on Africa Liberation Day in Manchester, UK).

  To conclude, I must emphasize that Halifa need not produce counteractive articles now, like the responses to the so-called Edis in the early '90s, to refute fabrications and distortions about him and the policies that his colleagues and himself are promoting, as they have proven the sincerity and maturity of their intentions and deeds beyond any shadow of doubt for all honest people to see.

  Consequently, when the writing is clearly on the wall for all to see, there is definitely no need for further instructions. However, if one decides to be deliberately illiterate on all matters of honesty and human decency; that is ones own problem and we should not spend our precious time of getting Gambia free of the APRC on such....

  Regards.

  Abdoulie Jawo
  UNDP Malawi

[log in to unmask] wrote:
  It is disheartening to see anyone disparage the person of Halifa Sallah just
to support one's bias political leanings.

Halifa, whether one likes it or not, started the conscious political
orientation of the Gambian masses, and he is going to end it. If given the
opportunity he will deliver to the Gambian people their needs and aspirations and
then walked out of the political scene.

What most failed to realize is that what the Gambia needs at this
critical juncture of its political history, is not the usual politicking, partisan
and sectional emotive appeal, but a radical departure from the past where the
conscious and deliberate process of nation building begins. This is where
we start. This is the challenge we face now.

Rene

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい