GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elhajj Mustapha Fye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 19:12:08 +0100
Oko,
Thank you very much, for these words of wisdom you have labelled the Gambia.
This was exactly the Gambia of yesterday, which I can understand that many
people are longing to get back. Our parents trained us to be people with
conscience, peaceful, sympathetic, respectful and generous towards people. I
remember my late brother Alh. Kabir Fye ( the nearest man to late Serign Bai
Niasse ) , who once told me that " our father ( late Sheikh Omar Fye ) use
to say that, when you stretch your hands to give out to the poor people, you
will automatically get Allah ( SWT ) reward of getting more from HIM ".
Giving out "Zakat" is one of the fundamental pillars of Islam, and most our
parents were helping people to get Allah`s ( SWT ) reward. These rewards has
guided us up to date, and we are seeing the benefits. I can refer you to
SURAH AT-TAUBAH ( Verse 60 ) in the quran. They were doing exactly what is
said in the quran. Thanks to the good job of our parents! Let us pray to
Allah ( SWT ) to bring us ( Gambians ) back to our senses to avoid
bitterness against one another. Gambia is a blessed country! The prayers of
our ancestors are still with the country and with us. Nobody will ever get
away peacefully, with evil done to Gambian people in the Gambia!

Elhajj.

PS.
Yes, I remember Foday Baa. He was often coming to Fayen. I know you have a
good memory and you don`t forget ( laugh ).