GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2006 11:25:12 +0100
                                  Jammeh and The Greenboys of Kanilai
   BY MATHEW K JALLOW, CONTRIBUTING WRITER
  I see dreadful shadows under the corner tree
  Dark silhuette that pretend blood lust
  Fangs of steel; and piercing blood shot eyes
  As beads of sweat steak down pale faces
  I hear death's knock steal through the night
  The Green boys of Kanilai on the prowl

  I saw her walk and talk to no one in particular
  Traumatized by the corpse sprawling on her floor

  MATHEW K JALLOW IN ACTION-PREDICTING
  GLOOMY GAMBIA, UNDER YAHYA'S WATCH
  Her husband is no more; but she kissed her goodbye
  And held his cold hands for the last time
  Deep love built by two now forever shattered
  The Green boys of Kanilai left their mark on him
  I remember the gracious gait of those black faces
  The chatter in the market hushed by a parade
  Sudden death came and went; now only tears of sorrow
  Why do we deserve this misery Oh God
  Now freedom lost; and not a voice to hear
  The Green boys of Kanilai looking for blood again
  I see a little child who cannot make sense of it
  A father gone; never to return again
  To hold, feed you and see you grow into a man
  The green boys came by and snuffed the life out of him
  He yearned for freedom, but lies six feet deep
  The Green boys of Kanilai own the night now
  The ghosts of Uganda float over our heads
  I see the hand of Idi Amin spreading across the land
  From Bakau to Koina; a paralyzing fear permeates the air
  Whispering voices too fearful to speak
  The rushling of leaves and the call to flee
  Kanilai's Green boys on the walk of death
  No where to run, and nowhere to hide
  I see them fly in circles above the baobab trees
  The vultures of prey and the smell of blood
  Last night we ate mbahal together, and drank attaya
  Today he is no more; and the vultures circle and wait
  At night they came and took him away; those men in black
  The Green boys of Kanilai and terror that knows no end
  We do not want sympathy; we want only justice
  And I swear I do not fear the King of Kanilai
  But, I fear Rwanda; yes I fear Rwanda until the end of time
  How much longer will this misery last
  Are we destined to only suffer in silence
  Will the Green boys of Kanilai still own the night tomorrow
  Enough is enough; we want our beloved country back
  No more deaths, and no more torture
  Sitting sipping, now the Attaya tastes blood
  There isn't joy; just dry smiles that say nothing
  The kiss of death marks everyone's spirit
  The Green boys of Kanilai are painting the land blood red
  Young brave men it is time to stand up and fight
  Save our country from this path to destruction
  Too many deaths; too much sorrow
  Terror and anarchy; and our land is burning
  Young men of Gambia; your brothers dying everyday
  The Kanilai King and The Green boys on the rampage.

Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2006 (Archive on Monday, May 29, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save