GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mariama Diop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:05:38 -0400
Dear All,
I just wanted to congratulate you all for the initiave and for a beautifully
edited letter to the US Ambassador designate to The Gambia. However, I would
like to suggest that we solicit in the same letter the support of America to
ensure  smooth and peaceful conduct of the forthcoming elections in October.
I have the gut feeling that Yaya Jammeh might want to put up a resistance
should his tactics to cling on to power eternally fail . I'm sure none of us
would want to relive 1981....

Mariama D. Diop.