GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ABDOUKARIM SANNEH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 14:33:05 +0100
Folks can anyone help!
Serign Alhagie Alieu Badara Faye according to sources was born in Banjul. He has contributed a lot speading Tijaniya Brotherhood with the Mandinka community in Kombo North and Kombo Central. A lot of his Ilsalmic poety in songs are in the archives of Radio Gambia. Serign Badara Faye after living Banjul first settled in Brufut with his army of Islamic discipline under the hostage of my Great Grand Father. Sreading the word of Islamic writing Islamic poetry, interpretation of Islamic jurisprudence and education before moving from Brufut. If you talk to the elders about the evolution of Brufut, they will tell you that it was what Serign Badara Faye dream of what will happen. When the Talibes started to grow, according to the Local traditional history of Brufut, he pledge to the villages elders about his intention of moving and after follow was prayers. Alhagie Seridng Badara Faye may Allah  Grand him Jannah  from Brufut when to found the settlement of Busura in Kombo Central
 with his Talibes in Mandinaka 'Taliboos' 'Talibedinoo' and the Cleric 'Morooba'. The Faye Family becomes the alkaloos and imam.
The history of Serign Alieu Badara Faye was surrounded by lot of miracles. To many he has spread Tijaniya brotherhood in Kombo after Sheikh Omar Futi Taal. After in Brufut and Kombo North came tje late Sheikh Nano Hydara May Allah Grand him Jannah.
Can anyone help about the history of Tijaniyya Botherhood in Senegambia. If they is no documentation is it not time to document about the religious history of our region through scholarly research. Professor Lamin O Sanneh did a good work about the Jakhanke Muslim clerics ; A religious and historical study of Islam in Senegambia 1250-1905. I hope the documentation should continue from where he study.
We are a people with rich history and culture and our history should be documented through digging research in the colonial achives. British Imperial history has documented a lot and we should to learn to search for those information and disseminate them for enlightment of what we are and what we want to be as Senegambians.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい