GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 18:01:11 -0000
Gambia-L:

Find below the cautionary statements made to the Serious Crimes Unit of The
Gambia Police Force, by Messsrs Dumo Saho, Ebrima Yarbo, Momodou Marenah,
Ebrima Barrow and Lt Lalo Jaiteh, in connection with the LIES levelled
against them by the State.

The statements make interesting reading and also show how these men were set
up and entrapped by an Italian security agent, who is one of Yahya Jammeh's
chief security advisers. It would seem that the Italian, Francesco Caso,
deliberately tried to incite the procurement of guns, for the purpose of
setting the men up. He tried it also on Sheriff Dibba, Lamin Waa Juwara, but
these two men were not drawn into the trap. If you remember well, one of my
source once reported on the L, that there are/were Italian Security Agents
who are/were working for Jammeh.

Having said that, I must caution that Gambians should be very vigilant with
some of these foreigners they are dealing with, especially when they do not
know them.  It would seem that Yahya Jammeh will stop at nothing.  The
Gambia is now a POLICE STATE, and we should all be on our guard.  If
foreigners come to our country and pose as investors, we should make sure
that they are genuine investors before dealing with them.

Reading the statements of Brothers Dumo Saho, Ebrima Barrow and the rest of
the brothers, which are reproduced below in full, I was almost in tears and
could see clearly how they were being duped and set up by this Italian,
Francesco Caso, a security adviser to Yahya Jammeh.

Anyway, with the benefit of hindsight, one can always say these things:  at
the time, it is always very easy to be drawn into traps like these.
Perhaps, if the Italian had come to me, he could probably have gotten me to
work on his behalf, or to introduce him to other Gambians. So we should
attach no blame to Dumo Saho and the other brothers.  They were all victims
of a vicious and purposefully arranged plot by this Italian and Jammeh's
henchmen (and almost certainly by Yahya Jammeh himself).

I urge people to check back through the archives:  my source had already
told us about the presence of Italian security advisers at Statehouse. We do
really need to be on our guard, and to heed the information being supplied
by my sources in The Gambia.  We need to take seriously the information that
is forwarded by my sources so that we can avoid similar tragedies in the
future.

I cannot end this posting without commending Annika, the wife of Dumo Saho.
She has been working tirelessly to secure the release of her husband, and
she should know that she has many friends both in and out of The Gambia, who
will do all in their power to assist her and her husband.  We have to
maintain the pressure on Jammeh and his regime, and we shall success in
having Dumo Saho, Lt. Jaiteh, Ebrima Yarboe, Momodou Marenah, Ebrima Barrow
and others released.  I also know that Amnesty International in London are
working very hard on the case and their able West Africa team, led by
Marcella Favretto, will leave not one stone unturned in their efforts to
secure the release of our brothers.

By the way, these statements were sent to me by one of my most trusted
sources in The Gambia, and needless to say, I am sending them as received.
SO READ THEM CAREFULLY!!

Ebrima ceesay
Birmingham, UK

>CAUTIONARY STATEMENT By Ebrima Barrow, 3/7/2000
>
>Address: 43 Kombo Sillah Drive, New Jeshwang Age: 49, Occupation: Salesman
>Cautioned by: P/insp Biram S Jobe of Serious Crime Independent witness:
>Sulayman Jammeh

I am Ebrima Barrow, a Gambian born in Salikene in Central Baddibou at the
North Bank Division. I left the Gambia in 1973 and travelled to Europe. I
finally came back home in 1997 and settled as a businessman at New Jeshwang
in Serrekunda. One day I visited Bakau in the month May 1999, precisely the
beginning of May. As I went into the restaurant just opposite the Bakau
Market, I met a certain whiteman who later introduced himself to me as Mr
Francesco Caso, an Italian national from Naples in Southern Italy. On my
first meeting, the two of us had discussed about money issues – concerning
The Gambia and Italy in the Italian language. Later in the month of May,
when I visited him, he later talked about guns to me and asked if there was
any way of getting one for him. I told him in my own capacity I could not
get him any but we could try and see by going to Banjul. So he told me that
the guns, if possible, could be used for changing the government of the
Gambia.

In Banjul, we went to Wellesley Street to meet one Momodou Marenah. There, I
went alone to talk to Momodou Marenah and we both agreed that there were no
guns but if the whiteman brings the money, we could dupe or trick him by
securing his money and do away with himself. But the whiteman, after going
with us to Hagan Street, he failed to produce any money for me. When Marenah
went inside a compound, he came out and asked for the money, but the
whiteman didn't produce any money. He said that the whiteman had to produce
the money first because this was a very risky business and that was meant to
fool the whiteman – Francesco Caso. When Francesco said that he had money,
the two of us (myself and himself) had driven back to Bakau to his Porto
Bello Restaurant.

One day, myself and Francesco went to S. M. Dibba (Sheriff Mustapha Dibba)
and we greeted him. But, as Francesco talked to Dibba, I could see how Dibba
distrusted Francesco. So he, Dibba, called me by the side, and told me not
to go back to him with such a visitor. In June of the same year, I went with
Francesco Caso to meet Waa Juwara of Brikama, but Waa Juwara never wanted us
to discuss anything about toppling the present government. So Waa Juwara
told me to tell Francesco that we do not need a foreigner to come and change
the government for us by force of arms.

I then met one Dumo Saho who owned a mechanical workshop in London Corner in
Serrekunda. We talked about many things. I later mentioned to Saho about a
certain Italian national who owns a restaurant in Bakau. I mentioned to Saho
all that had transpired between me and Mr Caso. So he suggested that we both
meet him, Mr Caso. I told him that first of all, I had to inform Francesco
Caso before we could go to see him. So I met Mr Caso and he accepted the
idea of seeing Mr Saho in Mr Caso's Bakau Restaurant. So it was a cordial
meeting. This meeting was pertaining to changing the government by the use
of force. Mr Saho, according to him, said they had the money and the men to
do the job but they had no arms. During the recourse, Saho said he was
leaving the restaurant and would one day return to me. I one day went to
Saho's workshop to see a friend of mine. He was Mr Amara (my friend).

That man was not in the workshop, but Saho was there in the workshop. The
two of us went out and stopped at the entrance of the workshop. We went out
and stopped so he later said he would one day come to me if possible with a
friend of his. The name of his friend was not mentioned. I, also, did not
insist on his friend's name. One day, in July 1999, he (Saho) came to me in
my residence and informed me that he (Saho) came with a friend but that
friend was outside in the car. Then I had to follow him outside and we met
his friend who was outside; and we met a certain man waiting in a green
Benz. As we joined the gentleman's car, we drove up towards Westfield
Junction, and there on our way to Bakau, to Francesco Caso's restaurant, I
was introduced to Saul Ndow and we all came to know each other on that July
day in 1999.

Upon our arrival at Porto Bello Restaurant in Bakau, we met Franco. The
formal introduction was made between him and Saul Ndow. So we sat at a
certain table overlooking the fishing harbour of Bakau. Saho first spoke and
I had to interpret to Mr Caso and then Saul Ndow spoke. I was the one
interpreting from English to Italian and from Italian to English. Mr Saul
Ndow, according to his assertion, it was guns that they needed (AK47 guns),
because they had the men and the money to make the purchase. Franco
categorically said he would not help in their request for guns. So I later
told them to bring in the money and I could try. My intention was to get the
money from Saho and Saul Ndow. I told them each AK47 would cost about five
thousand dalasis D5000. And I never, in my life, held in my hand an AK47.
Even, in fact, I did not know the price. Then Saul and his friend (Saho)
left myself and Franco in the restaurant.

In August 1999, I and Francesco went to meet Mr Sam SILLAH. This was in
connection with the state of affairs of the restaurant. The Porto Bello
restaurant was co-owned by Francesco Caso and Tony Cartoni. But according to
my own understanding of things, Tony Cartoni was bringing hard times to
Franco as partners in business. I felt that that was not fair. That was the
reason why we went to see Mr Sam Sillah. But meeting him was in vain. But I,
for one, managed to speak to Mr Sillah. After all these, then came the year
2000. I met with Saul Ndow and he told me that he travelled to Europe and he
had come back. Saul asked me about Mr Franco and I told him that he was at
Kanilai. So he seemed to be happy with that information. He later told me
that he had a very reliable friend who wanted to see me and we talk. Because
since last year we did not see each other.

He showed me clearly that that man had the money and men and is serious to
overthrow the government of the Gambia. When we met Saul Ndow, he introduced
a man whom I later know to be Alhaji Kanteh – who was the Commissioner of
North Bank Division. Saul Ndow and Alhaji Kanteh told me that they wanted to
see Francesco Caso. When Franco gave me a call on 392616 which I gave him
before, I then informed him that Saul Ndow wanted to see him. Franco came in
May 2000 and picked me from my residence (New Jeshwang) and I went with him
to Saul Ndow's house in Pipe Line.

On arrival we were behind closed doors. There Alhaji Kanteh and Saul Ndow
stated that they needed AK47 guns for overthrowing the government of the
Gambia. Then I told Saul Ndow and Alhaji Kanteh just to bring the money to
me.

Franco never seemed to trust Alhaji Kanteh, but I did not know why? Saul
Ndow said he was going to travel to Ghana and that the money was to be left
here with Alhaji Kanteh. I strongly believe that Alhajie Kanteh was going to
give me the money. But up to this time, I did not receive the money from
Alhaji Kanteh. I definitely know I shall not keep the money in my pocket and
use the money for something else. Last week, on the 4th of June 2000, we met
Alhaji Kanteh in his residence with four others, plus him making it five.
So, I went with Francesco Caso.

The men were introduced to me and Francesco. But during the whole process
Alhaji Kanteh withheld the identities – that was their names. After the
meeting, each one was given a letter code by Alhaji Kanteh ranging from A-D.
So, they left, leaving behind them one SANNO who was talking with Alhaji
Kanteh. If I see them, I will be able to identify them. Alhaji told me that
they were all EX-ARMY officers. Alhaji told me, in the presence of Franco,
that he would give me the money. I could also remember on Sunday 18th June
2000, Saul Ndow called me by phone and said he was in Guinea Conakry and
asked me how things were going on and that he promised to come back in two
weeks time.

On the 14th June 2000, I went to Kerr Pateh, and on my way back, I stopped
at Kerewan to see Alhaji Kanteh. On my arrival, I asked Alhaji Kanteh about
the money, but he told me that he shall give it to me when he, Alhaji, comes
over to Serrekunda on Thursday, the 22nd June 2000. That was the day I was
arrested. I came to know Ebrima YARBO before 1999. Myself and Francesco Caso
went to YARBO's office at Gamtel House for Radio Frequency. And he explained
how to apply through the normal procedure. Then we went another day for a
gas-gun which was for personal protection of Franco. But after the deal the
gas-gun, according to Franco, was being returned to Mr YARBO, because Franco
said it was not functioning.

>4/7/2000 Witnessed by: Sulayman Jammeh CAUTIONARY STATEMENT By Momadou
>Ousman Sarho, 4/7/2000
>
>Address: No 5 Sanchaba Road, Serekunda Age: 44 yrs; Occupation: Development
>agent Cautioned by: Insp Biram Jobe of Serious Crime Witnessed by: Sulayman
>Jammeh

I am Mr Momodou Sarho, a Gambian by birth and residing at Serekunda. I am
presently engaged in development work and running a Skills Training Centre
in Tabokoto and Bundunkakunda. I have travelled out of the country and lived
in Sweden from 1985 until when I returned to The Gambia finally in 1995. On
the 24th day of June 2000, by 15.00 hrs, I was apprehended from my street by
three security agents. I was taken to the NIA bureau in Banjul and detained
until the 27th day of June 2000 on a Wednesday for interrogation.

I can recall my contacts with Mr Ebrima Barrow, a man I knew as Basiris,
sometime in March 1999, at Serekunda at the Boka Loho Workshop in Lonbdon
Corner. We talked about the situation of Africa and The Gambia and believed
that some changes need to take place politically. During our conversation he
– Mr Ebrima Barrow – made mention of a certain Italian man who is running a
restaurant in Bakau, who was in serious trouble and needed help to recover
in business. The restaurant is called Porto Bello in Bakau and situated
opposite the market.

We agreed to go to see this Italian man when there is time to discuss with
him. We had time in June 1999 to meet this man at his restaurant in Bakau.
When we got there I was introduced by Basiri to the Italian man and we had a
long conversation about his business and his interest to invest in The
Gambia but here and there, he said he was encountering some problems with
some enforcing agents in the country. I was interpreted by Mr Ebrima Barrow.
The Italian is a soldier of the European Union from Italy and has been doing
emergency work in Turkey during the earthquake. His frustrations led to some
political statements which also occasioned the Italian man to observe the
stagnant political situation in the country and the need to have the system
changed in order to improve the lives of our people.

After this discussion with the Italian, we left for Serekunda, myself and
Basori. I told him that the condition of the man is in a very sorrowful
situation and if he is really here to invest they he needs to be assisted. I
later introduced a friend of mine, Mr Saul Ndow, to Ebrima Barrow (Basori).
And we went to Basori's house with Saul, in Saul's car, a green Mercedes
Benz. When we reached Barrow's house, Saul waited for me outside and I went
in to see if Basori was there. I was fortunate to find him there and I told
him that I was with a friend and we could go to see his friend, the Italian.
I returned with him to the car and we drove to Porto Bello, the Italian
Restaurant in Bakau.

On arrival, I introduced Saul to the man and we took our places and started
discussions. We discussed mainly about the man's plight and he showed us his
place where business was not taking place. Everything was bad. He mentioned
the goods he could have brought in this country if he hadn't had any bad
experiences. From this time, the Italian man talked about his military
experiences and his ability to train men in military skills. He said that
although he could train, but he cannot provide weapons. Saul told him that
weapons are very difficult to secure but he can also look around.

We left this place again, myself, Saul and Basori. After we left we said we
could see what could be done about the man's business and again we talked
further about the results of today's discussions. Throughout the
discussions, interpretations were being done by Basori from Italian to
English and from English to Italian.

Since from this date, I was never in contact with these men again. I am also
informed at the NIA that the name of the Italian is FRANCESCO
CASO. All these things took place in 1999. This statement was recorded by
myself and read out to Mr Sulayman Jammeh of Talinding Madina, unemployed.

>3/7/2000 CAUTIONARY STATEMENT By Momodou Marenah, 3/7/2000
>
>Address: 14 Welsely Str. Age 2nd March 1951; Occupation: businessman
>Cautioned by D/insp Biram Jobe of Serious Crime Banjul Witnessed by:
>Sulayman Jammeh

I, Momodou Marenah, a Gambian born in Salikene Central Baddibou and
presently residing at 14 WELSELY STR, BANJUL. I know one Ebrahima Barrow
who is a friend and we are all from the same village, Salikene.
One day in the year 1999, I was visited by Ebrahima together with one white
man, whom I later know to be called FRANCISCO CASO. Ebrahima told me the man
needed a gun (AK 47). I told Ebrahima Barrow if he knew what he was asking
for. He told me he only needed my help to assure the white man that it could
be obtained so that he, Ebrahima, could get the money from the white man.

We then came out of the room together to meet the white man sitting in the
car parked outside the gate of the compound. After introduction by Barrow, I
told the white man that we must drive to 75 Hagan Str to meet a friend
called Momodou Sanneh. It's not that Momodou Sanneh had any AK 47 but to
help my friend, Barrow, to get the money from Francisco Caso.
Unfortunately, Momodou Sanneh was not in and I told them to try him another
day. Mr Francisco Caso came back again a day after our first meeting and we
drove together to meet Momodou Sanneh at 75 Hagan Street. He parked the car
not far from the gate of 75 Hegan Street. I went out of the car to call
Momodou Sanneh whom I had already briefed. After greetings he demanded if
he, Momodou Sanneh, could get him AK 47. Then Momodu Sanneh asked if he had
the money with him. Mr Caso said he must first see the gun before he could
produce the money.

Momodou Sanneh told him he could not do anything when there was no money. He
then promised to come back with the money the next day after. Again, he said
he must first see the gun. We told him that was not possible. After some
argument, he finally told Momodou Sanneh and myself that he would be coming
the next to bring the money. But he never turned up again, and I did not see
him again until the day he led some army officers and I was arrested at my
residence at early hours of Friday 22nd June 2000. I was violently dragged
out of my room. I cannot say what was taken from the room as I was not
present. Statement made by me and read out to Sulayman Jammeh of Talinding
Madina.

>3/7/2000 CAUTIONARY STATEMENT By Ebrima M Yarbo,
>
>Address: 26B Fitzgerald St, Banjul Age: 42; Occupation Senior Manager
>(Gamtel) Cautioned by D/C 1192 Drammeh of Fraud Squad Witnessed by:
>Sulayman Jammeh, Talinding (Medina)

I attended Salikene Primary School from 1969-1972, and proceeded to
ARMITAGE High School where I completed in 1977. I went to Banjul to look
for employment, and during this period, I always used to camp with Salikene
people whom I knew during my primary school time. The place we used to camp
was at a tailor's workshop at the junction of Primet Street and Allen
Street. During our normal gatherings, the subject of discussions used to be
about personalities, some of whom were abroad and who I did not have the
opportunity to meet during my primary school days. One such personality was
EBRIMA BARROW (commonly called Bassud Barrow). I was interested in knowing
some of them and luckily stumbled on him and we made aquaintance.

Since then, Mr Barrow would casually visit me both at the office (Gamtel
House) where I work as Senior Manager Transmission Systems and also
sometimes handling radio frequency allocations. Mr Barrow would sometimes
come with video cassettes, list of compounds for sale and domestic items
like radios and tape recorders.

In a similar visit, sometime in september 1999, Mr Barrow came to my office
with one Italian man by the name Francisco Caso whom he introduced to me as
a restaurant owner. He later enquired about how to get allocated with
frequency for communications purposes. The frequency spectrum, I explained,
is a national resource which belongs to the nation. Gamtel is the custodian
and this position is conferred on Gamtel by the Department of State for
Works and Communications and Information. Anybody wanting to be allocated
with frequency has to apply for it to the D.S.W.C&I or through it to
Gamtel's Managing Director. Anybody in doubt about allocation can make
enquiries to Gamtel just as enquiries are done on the procedure to apply for
a telephone or any other service that Gamtel sells. The Italian would always
speak in Italian and the interpretation would be done by E Barrow in
English.

On the next visit, Barrow mentioned to me that Mr Caso needed a pistol for
his personal protection. I told him that I don't deal in firearms but that I
know of a street peddlar by the name of Lamin Sanyang who had a gas pistol,
and promised them that whenever I see this Lamin Sanyang, I would take the
gas pistol from him and show them. Luckily, one day I stumbled on Lamin
Sanyang and took the gas pistol from him and took it to FRANCISCO CASO at
his restaurant in Bakau. I charged him D1800 and he gave me a cheque. I also
had the opportunity to see his certificate in radio communication which
happened to be in Italian.

On my return, I took the cheque to the bank, but it was not honoured. So I
returned the cheque to him and he gave me back tha pistol (gas) saying that
it was not in fact a good one. I returned the gas pistol to the owner and
also fell out with Ebrima Barrow. All these incidents took place in 1999. I
started speaking to E. Barrow on 22/6/2000 when we were put in the same
confinement room at the N.I.A. headquarters – Banjul.
THE STATEMENT WAS MADE BY ME AND READ OUT TO SULAYMAN JAMMEH OF TALINDING
(MEDINA)

>CAUTIONARY STATEMENT By Lt. Lalo Jaiteh, 11/7/2000
>
>Address: Mile Seven, Bakau Age: 26; Occupation: Military officer Cautioned
>by D/insp Biram S Jobe of Serious Crime Squad Witnessed by: Sunkary
>Saidykhan, Tabokoto

I, Lt Lalo K Jaiteh, a Gambian national, was born at Njaba Kunda village. I
am personally residing at Mile 7, Bakau. I joined the Gambia National Army
in 1995 through a basic recruit training which ended in December 1995. After
the passing out, I remained at the Gambia National Army training school as
an instructor for few months. I was then at Army Headquarters as a finance
clerk under the finance and records. I then proceeded to Ghana Military
training and Academy in August 1996 for my Young Officers Basic Training
(YOS). This course entails basic officers as well as Jungle warfare
training. It ended in December 1996. I came in December 1996. I was sent to
the training school as an Admin officer. Then to Yundum barracks as a
platoon Commander and Fajara barracks as platoon Commander. In 1997, I was
transferred to Infantry Battalion as an adjutant for almost two years and as
a company Commander in the same battalion. I was there when I proceeded to
Pakistan Military School of Engineering for Disposal Course which lasted for
six weeks.

I returned during the same 1998 to Infantry battalion. I was then
transferred to Fajara barracks the same month. On arrival at Fajara barracks
I was nominated for a local course conducted by the State Guards. This
course lasted for three months. After this course, I was transferred to
State Guards, this was in July. At the State Guards I served as the Admin
Officer up to 1999. I was then appointed as ADC to His Excellency up to up
to 18th June 2000 when I was called by the Commander State Guards Captain
Ousman Sonko to report to his office.

Captain Sonko said it was an instruction from the president. I reported on a
Sunday. Then on Tuesday 20th June 2000 a message came from GDF
HQ that I should report to HQ. This message was read to me in a formal
meeting with Ousman Sonko in the presence of Lt. Omar M Darboe, Solomon
Jammeh, RSM Sanyang and later by Lt Ousman Badjie. I met the chief of staff
Col Babucarr Jatta on Thursday 22nd June 2000. The chief of staff told me to
work under the Gi branch sharing office with Captain Mbye. On the 23rd June
2000, while in my house with my family, I was arrested by soldiers of the
state guards on duties. Among them, I could recognise Sgt Babucarr Bojang,
Pte Alieu bojang, Cpl Famara Camara (Sikou) , Pte Lamin . I was taken to the
National Investigation HQ (NIA) for interrogation.

On the 26th day of June 2000, during the interrogation, I was informed by
the investigators Mr Baba Saho and Sukuta Jammeh, that I am a conspirator
with a colleague to divert (as my role) the convoy in order to eliminate His
Excellency the president. I categorically denied being a conspirator with
Commissioner Alagie Kanteh to divert the convoy in order to assasinate HE
the President. I was also asked whether I attended any meeting with
Commissioner Kanteh and colleagues for a such an issue. I categorically
denied having a meeting with the mentioned persons in such a matter. I was
also asked to elaborate on my duties as an ADC.

As an ADC, when I was appointed, it was explained to me by the former
commander of State guards Ex-Lt Landing Sanneh that I am not part of the
security set of the state guards. I was directly under the president and
answerable to the president. I was an aid (special helper) to the president.
As an ADC, I am only there to receive instruction from the president. I have
no men under my command. In short, I am only there to carry the president's
bag, files, hankerchief, spectacles and any
other instructions deemed necessary by the president. I don't attend any
security meeting; I don't attend any parade or briefing.

I was told by the then commander that even if he needed me while I was in
office, I should take permission from the president. I denied the accusation
that I was to divert the convoy. Because as an ADC, I have no role in the
convoy; no command whatsoever over the convoy. The convoy has a commander
who is in charge of everything, whether the convoy is at a halt or on the
move. I have no command to direct the convoy or to give instructions in the
convoy. As I mentioned, the convoy has a commander (convoy commander).

He is in charge of everything in the convoy - speed limits, direction, the
number of men etc. Also, there is the PPO (Principal Protecting Officer) who
is in charge of the security of the president and also commands the plain
clothes personnels of the convoy. These are the two main commanders of the
convoy who have the right to command men in the convoy. I, as an ADC, cannot
command any soldier in the state guards neither in the convoy. If I give
command nobody will act because everybody knows his role. I don't have the
right to command a soldier
without the permission of his commander.

As an ADC I don't enter in any security vehicle. I am always in the reserved
vehicle where I should vacate in case there is emergency. I am in the
reserve vehicle unless and until I am instructed by the president to join
his vehicle. In such a case, I don't share his car with him alone. Sometimes
with the PPO or any other plain clothes personnel. Even in his vehicle, I
don't command the convoy, nor do I give command. Also among my roles I
always make sure that the president's office is properly arranged or in good
working condition for appointments.

I also make sure that the office is locked and that the arranging, cleaning,
locking as well as securing is not done by myself. It is always done by
those responsible. As for the security of the office, it is the duty of the
PPO and his team at the office and his men. Anytime I go to HE the president
office when there is appointment, I always go with the PPO (Principal
Protecting Officer)

On the 26th day of June, I was also asked whether I know one Francisco Caso
before. I made it clearly to the investigators that I met Francisco Caso at
the office over two and a half month ago. He came to the office with Mr
Abdoulie Kujabi (Deputy Director General of NIA), Capt Ousman Sonko
(Commander State Guards). Abdoulie Kujabi told me that himself and Francisco
Caso are to meet the president. After confirmation, they went in the office.

It was after the meeting that I asked Captain Ousman Sonko who the man is.
Captain Sonko told me that he is an Italian who is going to conduct a
training for State Guards men. Lt Musa Jammeh and Bakary Camara were
present. The second time was in Kanilai. Also, he, Francisco, came with
Abdoulie Kujabi to the president. They went into the house. Francisco came
out to smoke under the verandah and I told him not to smoke because the
president does not like it. That was the first time I talked to him.

The third time was also in Kanilai when I was called by Lt Musa Jammeh to
introduce me to Francisco. He introduced him to me, Lt. Son Njie,  Ousman,
Bakary Camara. Also Ebrima Kinteh of the NIA including us, was there. Then
Lt Musa Jammeh, after the introduction, said Francisco will be joining us in
the convoy from today and that he will also be conducting training for the
State Guards. He, Francisco, started telling Lt Jammeh and Njie how he wants
his convoy to be moving (formation) He was then told to join the convoy
commander.

From that day, he used to join us in the convoy. Later, he conducted one
month long course/training with the soldiers in the bush. The course was on
VIP protection and anti-terrorism. On the same day, I was also asked whether
I know one Mr Ebrima Barrow of Baddibou Salikene, North Bank Division
presently living in New Jeshwang and I answered in the negative. I don't
know any Ebrima Barrow and that was the first time of hearing his name. I
also asked for him for identification the following day, the 27th of June.
Mr Ebrima Barrow was brought to me for identification. Mr Barrow could not
identify me when he was told that I am Lt Lalo Jaiteh.