GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Feb 2008 22:24:28 EST
When I see and hear Hillary, I am reminded of my mother, my Latin American
and Asian sisters, my European sisters, and my mothers and sisters from the
pacific Isles.

In history, one change begat another. Emancipation preceded women's  rights
to suffrage. It is conceivable to envisage women's suffrage preceding
emancipation but because civil rights are of more heirarchy to rights to  suffrage
(for men or women), my sisters and mothers yielded and joined the  campaign to
end slavery. Women however are still enslaved by men in many  different ways.
From sex and marriage to inheritance and labour rights. I  considered that if it
is change I really want, it occurs to me Hillary is the  personification of
that change.

No man can best represent women than a woman just as no white person could
best represent a black person during emancipation. Hillary reminds me that
today, in America, we do not only need change even though she is the most
appropriate agent for change, but that we need housecleaning. She would not only
change the course of the world, she would undo the systemic cancer that
currently exists and she would clean house. The Republicans  and "independents"
understand that. That is why at the caucuses, they vote  against Hillary every
chance they get and they will not vote for the Democratic  nominee. The euphoria
they manufactured about Hillary's alter ego will evaporate  and we will witness
a Republican government in 2009.

I am a black man, but I need Hillary to clean house before I will consider
other for President of the United States. I commend Bill, Hillary, and George
Mitchell for their efforts in yielding respite for Northern Ireland and I look
 forward to a sequel for Iraq, Darfur, Somalia, and Kosovo Metochia. I would
like  John Edwards and Barack Obama to endorse Hillary Clinton for President
of  the United States of America.

Haruna.

48)

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい