GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:18:34 EDT
Hamjatta:

I do not have time to go into this at the moment because as I told you, a few
days ago, my workload is heavy.  I can write a pargraph or two but not much
more:

Ous's sentence hich called Chongan a worst monster is very subjective.  Ous
said and I quote:

"All I'm saying is that you were a worst monster during your years in uniform"

Now please tell me brother, where did you get the rationale to say this:

". When Ngum enumerated all his charges against Chongan, he concluded by
saying that Chongan is a "worst monster" than those who ACTUALLY TORTURED him
and else!"

On a final note, I do not think the use of the 'programmed fanatics' phrase
to describe Ous and all those who take alternate sides of the coin is
justified.  I believe, without offense to anyone, that the worst programmed
fanatics are within our midsts.

Best regards,
Yus

Below is Ous' original text:

Mr. Chongan:It is indeed quite disturbing to learn about the terror you
guysunderwent while in detention immediately after the coup. I condemn
suchinhumane treatment towards any living being, especially when we're
talkingabout millitary comrades.Notwithtanding, I just wanna "remind" you
about your demeanor during theyears prior to the coup. I see a hypocritical
cry-baby when you have theballs nowadays to come out to the public and play
the victim. You shouldrevisit your bleak past thats shrouded with sadism and
arrogance.I ain't get no beef; just that I thought it's prudent to remind
acompatriot about his terrible past and the picture he's trying to paintabout
a gang of thugs who might even prove to be the better of two evils,had the
tables turned around for a minute. I'm not trivializing the thegravity of the
abuses you guys were subjected to. All I'm saying is that youwere a worst
monster during your years in uniform.You can try to spin this, but the fact
remains that you are equallymonsterous. I would have said the same thing
about Ebou Colley if I hadknown him to have abused his powers and privileges
of an Army officer. Nohard feelings Bro, I also felt that it's wise to share
my insight as youhave just done. Take care.Ous Ngum.