GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 22:49:18 GMT
Cherno,

I agree with much of what you've said.

Prince,

I think you could have conveyed your views on the Independent's editorial
without being as un-neccessarily rude as you've been to them The jury is
still out on Yaya's new wife. Don't be so sure that the Independent has told
a lie. Besides, between those gentlemen and Yaya Jammeh, who do you think
have more honor. Yaya has become the master of deceit. Let's wait a while
before dismissing the Independent's story.

And finally, I don't know if you know any of the Independent editors at all,
but I can assure you that these are very principled journalists with
integrity. At the very worst, they're only guilty of relying on questionable
sources. Nothing else. If you're a newspaper editor, and someone approaches
you and tells you that he's just witnessed the president's secret wedding,
and offers you a picture of the "wife," her name, as well as where she
lives; are you a liar for passing on that news? Hardly! So, I don't think
your insults are justified at all. The Independent's editorial should have
looked at the positives coming from this end. That has already been pointed
out by several people. Your's has really pushed the envelope.
Nothing personal.

Saul.