GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:34:54 +0100
Mr. Abdoulaye Saine

you have for most parts certified my own experiences from my tour in
october-november .

Jammeh is popular among the poor and less educated and the women, and they
all say: "he is trying"..  So they give him credit, even not every thing is
what it could be like. I think that was what I tried to express in my latest
report/note to the Gambia-L.
Some of you (thank you for the comments) told me that I was objective. Don´t
say that, for one can never be objective. I tried like Mr. Saine to tell
what I see with my eyes, hear with my ears, conclude with my knowledge, but
I don´t speak any of the local languages, I only come in certain parts of
the country and the society, and I never discussed with any of the
party-leaders or the President, so I will not call my statement objective,
but a signal to all of us that things are not always black or white.
Mr. Saine, I also wish you a nice stay and safe journey back to USA, and
look forward to more analyses from you.
Regards from Asbjørn Nordam