GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 19:45:55 -0700
Has anyone stop to think about how an open analysis of these statements
might actually jeopardize the accuseds' case which is still pending a court
hearing? I know and feel the temptation of tearing these statements apart,
especially in public - Gambia-L, but tactically, such analysis would reap
better results when done in private or wihtout exposure to the other party
involved - the tyranny we have for a government. I'm making these statements
with the conviction that there are very sharp minds in our midst, minds that
will not take much to expose every iota of frailty in the statements
forwarded. I know some will argue that doing so in a public forum will make
the tyrants think about their actions and intentions. I say, yes that will
happen, no qualms. But knowing the type of characters we are dealing with,
they may be (just may be) able to use our reactions to their advantage. Not
that they have any solid case in the first place, but I think we cannot
afford to risk any possibilities. This is a matter of life and death for the
people directly involved. Just think about it for a minute.

On another note, I am glad to be back on with y'all after a brief
break-away. I guess now I realize how much of a devoted adherent of Gambia-L
I could become.

Keep the fire burning.

"If addiction is judged by how long a dumb animal will sit pressing
a lever to get a 'fix' of something, to its own detriment, then I
would conclude that Netnews is far more addictive than cocaine."

       - Rob Stampfli

Enjoy your night.

Abdoulie A. Jallow