GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2001 18:50:50 -0500
Comrades:

I read with interest about Ebou's willingness in apologising to Jammeh
and his unwillingness in apologising to the Gambian people.  I
congratulate Ebou for taking a courageous move in being apologetic,
and I encourage that he takes another move in apologising to the
Gambian people.  Ebou will certainly answer to Jammeh's question on
the whereabout of the $3 million.  Please let us not push Ebou to the
corner.  Cousin Jallow has alreadly done damage to himself.  I am
appealing that we refrain from calling him a thief.  This word is
in the eye of the beholder. I beg for a moment that we not be
subjective.

In times of reality in political process, one must have the
willingness to evaluate circumstances at hand and firmly apply
qualitatively a willingness to evaluate failures.  We are at a
moment of defeat, and we have not addressed solutions to problems
that are affecting innocent Gambians back home.

While Ebou has a right to support Yahya, we also have a right to
question him on his motive for a sudden change of heart.  If Ebou
feels that the APRC is a government of the will of the people, may
I encourage that he visits Jammeh in The Gambia and solve some major
problems that he left behind.  Until then, please let us leave
Ebou alone.  He had constantly evaded questions posted to him.  It
does not take a fool to understand why Ebou will never answer to
his critics.  He can fool some of the people some of the time, but
Ebou certainly cannot fool Jammeh.  He will not see the light of day
if he ever visits the Gambia.  So until Ebou takes a move to visit
the Gambia, can we assemble our forces to some major important issues?

We should redefine our political process.  We should move to the
center and approach politics objectively.  We must understand that
we have to deal with Jammeh for the next 5 years.  We should extend
respect to the office of the president.  We should hold Jammeh
accountable for all the promises he made during the campaign. We
should put the Gambia first.  We should be willing partners in the
development of our country.  We should appeal to Jammeh to leave the
civil service alone.  Retaliation and political vindictiveness will
only push the Gambia back.  Our responsibility is for a united and
prosperous Gambia.  This I affirm is a right we must give the APRC
government.

Finally, comrades, we must be a loyal and respected opposition.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh
Greensboro, NC/Kombo East Constituency

http://mail2web.com/ .