GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 14:05:12 EDT

Thank you Suntou for sharing this valuable wisdom of Ali in Islam. I
associate myself wholly with it.

Haroun Masoud. MQDT. Darbo.

In a message dated 10/8/2007 3:09:56 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

the  companion of the prophet of Islam ,Ali (may Allah be please with him )
refuse  to take a second wife during his marriage with Fatima (may Allah be
please  with her) .This was some thing unprecedented at the time ,the story
stated.many men at that time have more than one wife due to wars and the  spread
of Islam.but Ali a hero in Islamic history did not marry another wife  apart
from Fatima even though he has the capabilities to do so .WHY WAS THIS ?  many
students of Islam and Islamic sciences wonder about his reason  .
but who can answer that question better than Ali himself ?  according to the
narrations ,Ali's main reason for not marrying a second wife  was'' for fear
of being unjust and unfair if he take another woman''.he loved  Fatima (may
Allah be please with her) so much he couldn't possibly be neutral  if he took
another wife .
The reason Ali was famously known as the  gate of knowledge may have some
thing to do with his wisdom and good  judgements.
the Quran tell us ,''men can marry up to four  wives''  .that permissibility
comes with responsibility and a very big  warning .careless marrying one woman
after another just because one have money  and fame is dangerous.it is very
easy to incur God's wrath through  irresponsible marrying of many wives.

The wisdom we  can take from Ali is that ,if we know for a fact that we
cannot be fair or  treat two or three or four wives equally ,than it is save and
wise to stick  with one .let no pressure push you into taking another and then
you later  discover ,you cannot maintain the balance .Life is too short to
misuse  .
In conclusion ,Ali (may Allah be please with him )later remarry  after Fatima
(may Allah be please with her )passed away .and he even took  second wife
later run in his lief but this all happen after he mourned the  death of his
beloved wife Fatima Bentu Sara .

Men's  .let heed to the wisdom's of our early leaders ,we may be protected
from many  vices.
May Allah forgive us for our imperfections and put us on the  straight path
.amen.
it is also wise for us to desist from laying a  finger on our spouses ,that
is a dangerous practise ,talking and discussing  can solve many precarious
circumstances.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい
To  unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L
Web  interface

To  Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?S1=gambia-l
To contact the  List Management, please send an e-mail  to:
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい