GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:11:07 +0000
Lasana, thanks for your response.  History is for those who were not
witnesses.  I am a witness and, therefore, do not need history to tell me
what I and a whole host of Gambians witnessed.  Folks on this planet live in
different places, but recognize the sun whenever they see it.  Yes, Jammeh
needs the Buba Baldeh's, but to use them to talk about the PPP record.  In
that case it is an advantage for him.  However, to the opposition, the PPP
record is a dead weight in my opinion.  This in no way precludes the Gambian
people from having the PPP as part of the tactical alliance and I agree with
you.  In order to rectify our mistakes in the last election, we have to be
realistic if we want to make progress.  I am not just going to ride along
and not critically evaluate our situation.  My coments may not be popular to
some in the opposition camp but that is a risk I'm willing to take.  Having
said that, I hope we hear from the parties, soon.  Thanks for the fruitful
exchange.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou