GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:11:11 +0100
Samba Linguuere

I am afraid you have missed the point. All what
Chongan did was to corroborate Ebou Colly's narration
of events at Mile II prison. As I said earlier, these
loyal soldiers deserve our support and nothing else.
This business of castigating them about their
behaviour prior to the July 22 TAKEOVER only gives the
AFPRC the impression that there actions were
justified.

I know for a fact that Chongan is not particularly
interested in politics and is not affiliated to any
political party. Moreover, I was led to  believe that
after his release from detention, APRC Big wigs tried
to reconcile with him, in the hope that he would be
re-instated into the Police Force, but this principled
man decline the offer. We all saw how Pa Sallah Jagne
was treated after 30 months at Mile II prison, he was
instated in to the Public Service, but did it last?
No. Lets therefore give Chongan the respect he
deserves, a principle soldier/police officer who only
had to surrender after being shunned by his superiors.

Bravo Ebrima Chongan for your courage, honesty and
integrity . Good luck in your studies.

Have a wonderful day

Sanusi

Mr Ngum,