GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
fatou camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 11:47:09 -0500
Yusupha,
If i were you i would not even respond to anyone who try to disrepect your
Mum Satang Jow,cause they don't know her.This woman was one of the most
respected minister we ever had in the Gambia.I can tell you that everynone
in Cabinet still now call her Aunty Satang even his exellency the
president.I know this because i used to cover their programmes at the state
house for Grts news.I believe this is all due to the respect everyone has
for her.
I know it is hard to ignore some of this Gambia-l chit chats,but please let
it go.We who know your mum from Gambia High school to her ministerial post
respect her very well.
I can still remember when we receive the press release from the government
about her resignation on health ground,which no minister in Jammeh's
government has ever done.I respect Aunty Satang and will always respect her
and am sure those who know her will too.
Fatou Harona Drammeh,
Michigan.