GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
musa mbye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2000 15:00:09 -0700
Dear Gambians,

When I think about what is special for me, I start to
think about my family. neighborhood and community as a
whole.  The second very special is the love I have for
my country and the people who live in it.

When I started contributing to Gambia-l, a lot of
people started calling me and asked if I intend to go
back.  I have no fear in my mind and the love I have
for my country is beyond being scared. Unless we clear
fear out of our minds and brains there will never be
peace and democracy in The Gambia.

We all have a duty to God and our country to love one
another and protect the dignity and pride of our own
people.  Do we expect a miracle to happen or are we
going to fold our hands to see a blood bath to occur
and blame the Western World for not coming to our
rescue, like Sierra Leone.

Sometimes,we expand our narrow perspective a bit
through exposure to what we read, experience, see and
hear about the larger World.  This can be dangerous
since many people do not critically evaluate what they
experience.  Let us try to be critical and complete in
our judgment about people and the World around us.

We have to open our minds to people regardless of
their tribes or ethnicity.  We all have a duty in the
eyes of God to not stand around and see our beloved
country fall apart.  The recent Arson of FM Studio,
the Basse and Brikama incident, the killing in the
student demonstration. To name but a few.  Imagine the
cry of young Boys and men who died trying to bring
justice for their own kind.  These are real heroes
whose prospect for a better future have not gone in
vain.  We will complete their task. Can you feel them
calling for your help with bullets in their body, in
pain and gasping for Air.  Can you feel it, you do not
have to live if you do not.

Let us therefore form a strong bond of unity in our
Gambian society and wherever we are.  A bond that will
create peace and love in our hearts for one another.
Bless are the people who are prosecuted for
righteousness. For in their souls shall be our
salvation.

Thanks

Musa Mbye