GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 20:38:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/10/2001 5:57:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> "Your recent unwarranted attack on the private media, to the extent of
> describing them as troublemakers bent on destablishing this regime deserves

Well, I do not know what the criterion for being a member in good standing of
the Press Union is, but I would venture to guess that journalistic integrity,
which also includes the truthful reporting of the facts, and keeping the
public informed in an unbiased manner  about all things, especially that
which pertains to their civil  and constitutional rights, and refraining from
defending murderous regimes must surely be some of the objectives that anyone
who calls themselves a journalist must abode by. Fatoumatta Jahumpa Ceesay
has not only violated all of these ethics of journalism, but she has
established herself as a collabrator, defender and advocate for those whose
main aim is to lie and also attempt to rationalize things that one cannot
humanly attempt to rationalize.Her actions have been the opposite of what the
actions of  a true journalist should be. I think the Press Union actually
wasted a lot of time in coming to this decision. It is way overdue.

Jabou Joh