GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:43:23 -0000
Amie,

Don't worry. The president has made what could be called a u-turn concerning
the above issues you raised. It was only two weeks ago when he told
religious leaders in Basse, when he was officially opening NAYCOF 2001, that
it was irresponsible for any religious leader to try to crusade against the
use of condoms. He also told the youths that, while he was not asking them
to engage in sex, he would strongly advise them to use condoms because of
the devastating effects of HIV/AIDS.

Have a good day and bye 4Now, KB Jobe.

PS: Our nights of darkness are about to be a thing of the past. One of the 3
brand new 6.5 Megawatt generators expected during 2001 arrived yesterday and
its installation is expected to be completed before July 22nd.

The stretch of road from Mandinaba to Yundum is also ready and CSE is coming
to the stretch between the airport and Westfield clinic which is supposed to
be a dual carriage way just like from Banjul to Sere Kunda. The road is also
of hotmixed asphalt i.e the same quality, if not better, as that of from
Soma to Basse.

if you have problems accessing the web interface and remember to write your
full name and e-mail address.