GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:58:01 +0000
"We have been communicating on issues pertaining to the party and there was
never a time when any member of the party has been critical of his return’
said. OJ believes that instead of criticizing him, individual members of the
PPP should show a more accommodating spirit by excusing the ‘old man’ for
the time being. ‘It is necessary for the people to be patient and allow Sir
Dawda to sort out his domestic and family affairs after being away for eight
years’ he suggested."

If everything is going well with the PPP members and their party, why on
earth would OJ plead for accommodation and to excuse Jawara for the time
being, for what?  Why should Jawara's welfare be put ahead and over all the
hundreds that are out there suffering?  Like I said every Gambian has a
right to see Jawara for what he is to them.  If OJ wants to accommodate and
excuse the "old man" that's fine by me.  However, other PPP "bigwigs"
whoever they are felt betrayed and it does not take a rocket scientist to
see the act for what it is.  Did OJ err when he said in the papers that he
was not informed of a date for Jawara's arrival, just days before Jawara
arrived?  Or is this politics as usual?  What on earth is wrong with our
people?  Why can't we call a spade a spade.  How many days has it been since
Jawara arrived home?  Has he seen or spoken to any current PPP/UDP opinion
leaders, including OJ?  I think not.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou