GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 07:08:21 -0400
Comrades:

Many of us have expressed our feelings on our
loss to the dictator in Kiang East bye-elections.
We have unfearingly expressed our distaste for
the moron and his new strategy in buying voter
cards.

Some have suggested that we educate the voters
of their short-comings in accepting a onetime
advance of D25.  I believe that will not be
the solution to the problem.  We should actively
write letters to the Independent Electoral
Commission in denouncing the illegal tactic by
the dirimo of kaninlai.  We should ask whether
vote buying is a violation of The Gambia electoral
laws.  If in fact it is true that no political
party should buy voter cards, then we will be in
better company for the Presidential Elections.
The opposition should also divide villages and
towns into subsets of about 50 registered voters
and enumerate to ensure that their supporters
are encouraged to vote.  Voters should be asked
whether they have their voter cards, especially
at elections time.  Each subset head should
even collect voter cards from any willing voter.
The names of persons who will keep voter cards should
be discrete.

We must set strategies and vow to rescue our
country from satan yahya jemus.  The opposition
must also embark on a public relations campaign
in ensuring that no Gambian is denied the right
to vote.  Another illegal move by moron jemus is
the use of state money in buying tractors solely
for enticing his supporters in the provinces.  Is
this procurement passed by the legislature?  Can
the opposition clearly make a case in
substantiating that taxpayers' funds were used
to buy these tractors?  How can the dictator afford
to buy these tractors?  How much is he paid yearly?

The opposition should also embark on a foreign
relations campaign in engaging the donors to The
Gambia on the dangerous precedent they are
inadvertently setting by donating money
to our country without any specifications or
conditions.  The UDP, NRP and PDOIS should
collectively visit donor countries and express
their feelings of how moron jemus is using donor
funds for his own selfish advantage.

We cannot just condemn the illegality of the
forces of evil without providing solutions to
the problems.  We have provided The Gambian
people with pertinent information on the dubious
acts of the illegal government of the day.  Our
resources and convictions will provide assurance
for a better Gambia.  Our desire for a free
Gambia will be a reality if we unite.  Our house
should not be divided because we know who our
enemy is.  Whether you support UDP, NRP or PDOIS,
you should know that our refusal to speak in one
clear voice will result in dictator yahya's
success in reigning over us.

Long live democracy and down with dictator dirimo
yahya jemus.  Dictator yahya, please let my
people go.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh