GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 11:46:58 EDT
My God!   When shall we learn?

Balla Sosseh, a CID officer posted at the Kairaba Police Station was Sunday
morning, June 17, shot by a juju man, Musa Nyakass Joof, while trying to test
the bullet proof juju he had prepared for him. The incident happened at
Joof-Kunda in Bakoteh. Our reporter who arrived at the scene later on found
the victim in a pool of blood.

The officer was rushed to the Royal Victoria Hospital in Banjul. The juju
man, Nyakass Joof was taken to the Serrekunda Police Station. In his
statement, Nyakass Joof told the police that the victim "willingly told me to
try a shot at him to see whether the juju was efficient, enough.... and I
shot him with a single bullet and he fell down right away screaming for help.
But I could not do anything as I was frightened." Meanwhile, the victim Mr.
Sosseh who was admitted at the RVH was said to be recovering.