GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 17:56:24 EDT

As for Jammeh and his apparent madness which seems to escalate by  the minute
these days, he knows that the end is near and inevitable and he knows  it
very well. All this so-called walking in the streets to demonstrate that he  is
well liked by the people is a farce and he knows it. If he really believes
that he is loved by the people, then let him walk the streets without his armed
body guards and see whether he will make it. Why would a popular president
have  a need to force the civil servants to march in his support? He is fooling
no one  but himself and all those who he further humiliates in the  process by
having them assist him in this futile feel good  exercise against their one
people.. .It is pathetic and at the same time  very sad.

Let the people not be fooled by this childish display by a desperate man
whose regime is on the brink and the proof that Jammeh is well aware of this is
the paranoia he is displaying right now by arresting anything that moves and
conducting his on trial of these people in the media while his vice president
Isatou Njie saidy actually has the audacity and is not even  embarassed to be
giving speeches about the Judiciary being the guardian of  the rule of law
even as the most ardent violation of the rule of law in our  country is being
exercised by the very regime she represents even as she  was delivering that
false statement before an assembled audience and she still  thinks that she can
convince investors to come into the Gambia by these silly  speeches when these
same investors are reading about the madness of the Gambia  government in
media outlets through out the World.

One has to wonder if these people are just mad or ignorant not to mention
imcompetent. However, what can we expect from a President and vice president who
 actually affix an honorary doctorate to their names which not only makes
them  the laughing stock of the entire World but also is quite a source of
embarassment for Gambia and Gambians.. Is that not an excellent example that our
country is being led by a band of fools and criminals who actually think  they
can fool Gambians and the entire World?

Yaya Jammeh is also running scared these days because he had connections  to
Charles Taylor and his grand design includes eliminating those who can tie
him to those mishaps should Taylor's trial implicate him in any  way.

He is also trying to eliminate all those Gambians, be they soldiers or
civilians who may have any knowledge of his criminals dealings, from murdering
innocent Gambians to financial crimes, to illegal ventures he has been and is
engaged in. That is the reason he tried to murder  lawyer Ousman  Sillah after
the trial of Baba Jobe was headed to revealing Jammeh  as the  person that Jobe
and others took orders from and represented in all that they  did. That is
also why he has embarked on this folly of an attempted coup so he  can use the
occasion to eliminate those who he fears whether real or imagined.

It is not difficult to figure out that no one in this  regime initiates these
misdeeds without the consent of Yaya  Jammeh. That fact is not rocket science
that we need Dr Madiba  Saidy to explain to us. Jammeh is foolish enough to
think that he can  eliminate all those who can incriminate him in any way and
then surround himself  with a band of foreigners to protect him from his own
people and then he is  mad enough not to realize that this in itself is a sign
that he is  scared to death and trusts no one and for good reason, and that
reason is  that he has and continues to commit crimes against our  people..

Additionally, Jammeh is trying to manipulate Gambians to the point of
reacting to his madness so he can implement an emergency situation and call off  the
elections he knows in his heart that he will loose.

Well, Gambians have now come to realize what those of us on the outside  had
recognized in this regime long ago and for which they were labelling us
trouble makers who are jealous etc. when what we were doing was to side  with the
truth even if taking that position put us at odds with  family and friends who
are part of this regime because ultimately, the welfare  of the people as a
whole and to be on the side of truth and  justice stands above all else.

What we saw was a brutal dictatorship in the making and that brutal
dictatorship has now reached a point where it has not only worsened the economic
well-being of all Gambians, hijacked our judicial system and the self respect of
a good portion of our citizenry, but it has ruined the reputation of our
country around the World and  has instilled fear in the hearts of every  Gambian
because they all know by now that anyone at any time can  be the victim of  the
rampant murder or torture at the hands  of the evil agents of this evil
regime with or without provocation, while  those who are in his employ and those
who support this brutal regime know  that they do so for no other reason than
the protection of their self  interest and what they can get from such an
association even as this regime is  killing and maiming Gambians in cold blood
before their very eyes.

These people are not daft or dumb, they are a strange breed for whom the
pursuit of self interest allows them to look the other way as Yaya Jammeh is
carrying out a sadistic massacre of our people infront of the whole  World.

How do these people sleep at night knowing that they earn a  living by
collaborating with this regime which is tantamount to  sacrificing their fellow
Gambians? How do the men and women in the NIA and  the army who are sent out to
torture and murder their fellow Gambians feel when  they are alone at night?

I sincerely hope that Gambians will not be fooled into not voting for  NADD
because in NADD lies their salvation, and if they miss this opportunity to
remove this curse on our country, it will be their own doing that they will
continue to suffer under this regime.  So it is NADD or  another 5 years and much
more of murder and terror at the hands of these  people whose mindset and
behaviour is alien to us as a  people.  Yaya Jammeh  has now almost refined his
plan of  murdering your sons and daughters by fabricating lies. He is now fine
tuning his plan of surrounding himself with foreigners and if he stays there,
think of how much worse the situation can be when he is surrounded by a
buffer  zone of people who have no connection to us and who therefore feel no
remorse in  killing Gambians.

Under NADD Gambians have a golden opportunity of not only  eliminating this
nightmare we find ourselves living, but in a NADD interim  government lies the
opportunity to have competent and selfless individuals work  to rebuild a
country and a system of government that protects the rights of ALL  Gambians and
paves the way for a bright future for all.

We are at the noon hour and we the Gambian people cannot afford to be
distracted or to make the mistake of not uniting under one voice and vote for an
organization whose leadership has sacrificed self interest in order to engage in
 a venture that will ultimately save our people from the nightmare that this
regime has brought to bear on our people.

Please recognize a golden opportunity and take advantage of  it.

Jabou Joh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい