GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2008 20:08:09 -0400
To: Yero, Haruna and Demba,
                                              I'm here to add my voice to
the few people who have already expressed their desire to bring this topic
to an end. To be honest I'm put off by the negative commentary that emerged
during this debate.

Despite the fact i did called and spoke with both Yero and Haruna last
Thursday but i still want to call on you to continue the good intentions
that you have for our colleague Fatou Jaw Manneh and do away with personal
attacks and name calling.

Continuing this argument is distracting you and your readers from the real
issue of Fund raising for Fatou's case therefore, it is unnecessary.

For the interest of some readers i will vouch about what i know of your
characters. I know it is out of anger that you have labelled certain things
on one and other because:

(1) Yero is a respectable person who has demonstrated that here on these
forums time and again.He is a peaceful person who always want to see to it
that peace exist among Gambians on these forums and else where regardless of
political affiliation.

Personally, he got me involved in some issues between some good colleagues
that he feel needed to be solve for the interest of peace. And i believe a
good person is a person who wants to see other people live in peace; a
person who stand for people when in need; a person who bring unity
among people and he is one of those.

(2) Haruna is a brilliant person and has a good heart. Haruna is a person
who is always ready to share what he has with people regardless of what
tribe you belongs to.
I wouldn't mention names here but would state the facts that i have been
told by beneficiaries and what i have witnessed. I have
witnessed this Haruna sent ($2500) Two thousand, five hundred dollars
through a sarahule man in New York to two people, one in Basse and the other
in Sere Kunda. These monies, he asked the men to distribute to needy
families for the month of RAMADAN. He requested my assistance in pressing
for accountability of the money and to get to the right people. Signatures
of recipients and phone numbers were fax to him and myself. And a follow up
calls were made for confirmation.

These money was distributed regardless of tribe in The Gambia, Fullas,
Mandingkas, Wollof, Sarahules, and Jolas.  Some of them are journalists,
Farmers, non political party affiliated and political party affiliated.

Some of the beneficiaries were in detention and their families did received
the money.
So knowing about all these things, i cannot keep mute but to call for a
close to the personal attacks.

Once again Yero, Haruna and demba, let's move on.

Thank you all.
Saihou