GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 01:36:39 EDT
 Dear Friends,

 I am looking for someone to translate my poem into Mandinka.

I will   pay whomever translate  my prize winning poem into Mandinka.

 Octber 24, I will be presented with the Gloria Fatou Wiggins Poet of the
 Year 1999 Medallion and the Diamond Homer Trophy by the Famous Poets
 Society and my poem Man of Two Worlds will be published I will be
 televised presenting it to a delegation of poets worldwide, celebrities
 and others.

            MAN OF TWO WORLDS
                                   BY
                  GLORIA FATOU WIGGINS

 I LOVE YOU WILLIAM ALEXANDER HALEY

 SON OF ALEX HALEY (LEGENDARY AUTHOR OF ROOTS)

 DESCENDENT OF KUNTA KINTE

 A MANDINGO OF HUNDRED OF YEARS AGO

 FROM THE JUFFUREH VILLAGE IN THE GAMBIA, WEST AFRICA

 FORMER SITE OF THE GREAT EMPIRES OF GHANA AND SONGHAY

 ANCIENT TRAVELERS TO THE NEW WORLD CENTURIES BEFORE COLUMBUS

 I LOVE YOU BILL HALEY

 TOUR DIRECTOR TO THE FIRST WORLD

 MOTHER AFRICA, WHERE LIFE BEGAN

 MOTHER AFRICA, CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION

 MOTHER AFRICA, BIRTHPLACE OF THE MODERN WORLD POPULATION

 MOTHER AFRICA, TRULY THE FIRST WORLD

 I LOVE YOU BILL HALEY

 SUCH SIMPLE TRUTH

 MAN OF TWO WORLDS