GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 07:39:34 -0500
Ms. Kujabi:

The APRC will be disappointed, if in fact "Dr." Lamin Sawo is chosen as the
candidate for the dictatorship.  The UDP should then convince Hon. S.M.
Dibba to run.

There will be a violation of decree 89 if dictator yahya chooses Sawo.  This
violation will nullify decree 89 and make it eligible for politicians under
Sir Dawda's legal government to participate in electorate process.  The
dictator is playing with musical chairs.  This will be the end of the moron
of kaninlai.  Let us rejoice.

Mr. Ousainou Darboe should not seek any court protection, but put up a
challenge to this sudden change in the middle of the game by nominating Hon.
S.M. Dibba as the stand bearer of the UDP.  Hon. Dibba, though I am still a
loyal member of NCP, there lies ahead a struggle that every member of the
opposition must join together for a yahyaless Gambia. I am personally
calling on you to accept the nomination.  You will be doing us a great
service.
The opposition should even call for a massive rally and disrupt everything
if dictator yahya nullifies Hon. Dibba's candidacy.  Mr. Darboe should not
be a chicken in yielding to a sudden change of rules in the middle of the
game.

I remember way back some 25 years ago when buffoons "Drs." Lamin Sawo and
Momoduu Manneh paraded themselves as intellectuals in their vindictive move
against Hon. S.M. Dibba.  They spoke of the evils of the Jawara government,
but only to cross-carpet when Hon. Dibba left the PPP.  These two evil,
ignorant and selfish intellectuals will do anything to salvage their rotten
image.  "Dr." Manneh on the other hand, is languishing in North Carolina,
unsure of what to do with his life.  I remember him coming to the Bank in
1978 to report me to Mr. Ousainou N'jie and telling him to fire me because
of my support of NCP.  I found this to be childish and out of context.  It
is amazing that the idiot recognized me in Raleigh.  I reminded him of the
incident, and he began by calling me "Jato."  I told him, "politics is a
game that he did not understand and that he should have been a generous and
moderate politician, instead of being vindictive."

"Dr." Sawo on the other hand, is so desperate that he will stoop down for
anything.  How can the dictatorship harass you, jail you, torture you, and
parade you as a fool?  How can "Dr." Sawo be so ignorant?  Well, maybe he
alone can answer these two questions.

The opposition will forever shine in Central Badibou.  The opposition is
anxiously waiting.

Naphiyo,

Comrade M.Lamine Jassey-Conteh