GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:51:01 EST
Ebrima Ceesay,

First, I want to tell you that I have sent your letter to Representative
Ford, and that although your email response from Colin Powell's office was
from an autoresponder, there are ways to get mail to the Secretary of State"s
offices and I will both fax a copy there this afternoon, as well as mail one
to him.

 I want to assure you Ebrima, that your dedication to the Gambian and it's
people, and your very effective hard work to expose this brutal and devious
regime for what they are, is the main reason you have become the main target
for "Alieu"

It is an affirmation that your efforts have indeed "hit a nerve" and if
anyone thinks that personal attacks on you will change our opinion of you, or
make us see you in any light other than that of a son of Gambia worthy of our
admiration, then they do posses simple minds indeed. As our African American
brothers and sisters used to say during the height of the civil rights
movement when they were being subjected to all sprts of bodily and emotional
abuse. "Keep your eyes on the price"

Finally, I  want to let everyone know that I am compiling a database of
information on all the atrocoties and records of the Jammeh regime, so that
we can have it ready to send out as a follow up whenever we put out a
petition. I have complied a list of Senators and U.S Representatives who sit
on various committees, from foreign relations, to Human rights etc, and will
send out a packet to them once I have gathered everything. Please do forward
anything valuable information we can add, or direct me to where I can find
it. I know that some of you have some websites that are said to be great
sources of information, and I will visit if I have the address. I also plan
to add human rights organizations around the World, as well as any
organizations or government bodies we can educate about our plight.

Jabou Joh