GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:56:13 -0400
Joe and others, these are noble efforts on your part and I want to assure
you that I am totally in support of your proposals and would gladly
contribute (financially) towards a United Opposition campaign against Yaya.
In the weeks and months ahead, if I do not contribute openly on G_L towards
this debate about elections, it is not because of total lack of interest. I
have a slightly different agenda which I want to pursue on G_L and
elsewhere. Having said that, I commend your efforts and I will do everything
within my powers to support any force that wants to get rid of Yaya and
eradicate tyranny in our society. My humble suggestion to you though, is to
see if you can liaise with MRDG(NY) and have that organization spearhead the
fundraising drive. I think their treatment of Yaya when he came to NY earned
them the respect. I hope the organization also cooperate with you in this
endeavor. This Movement together with the one in UK can also get in touch
with the one Buhary was talking about in Sweden, and other organizations in
the Diaspora.

I believe if we all get together and pool our resources, we would be in a
better position to get the ear of the Opposition back home and bring our
plans into fruition. The Senegalese in the Diaspora were very instrumental
in Wade's victory. We can also do our part. These are my humble suggestions
and I hope they would be the last on G_L as far as election strategy is
concerned. I again assure you of my support.
KB