GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:59:40 EDT
Hello Mawbeh,
        Thanks for given us the opportunity to commend on the issue that you
raised.Certainly it is a big set back for the Gambian people both
economically and socially since the took over of the AFPRC.  A soldier is a
soldier, they rule by decree and the gun.  Worst of all is the fact that Mr.
Jammeh and his collegues are so inexperience that, they have no idea how to
run a government, except to appoint and fire personel.
        One thing every Gambian should know is that the country belongs to no
individual.  Everyone of us will one day be accountable for our own actions
good or bad.  Mr. Jammeh may be having the best times of his life as a
president, but it is far from what he think it is.  The goals that brought
him to power are totally being neglected, atleast from what he told the
people when he came to power.
        It is important to mention that the take over brought some positive
things to the awareness of the people.  Sometimes you could be doing
something bad from which people will derived very vital knowledge and
experience.  Jawara's government was best in keeping the gambian people
ignorant of government operations  and management, and therefore they looted
our resources for their selfish gains.  The change therefore brought lot of
awareness for the entire Gambian people.  I can assure you that every action
of the present government is closely being monitored by the people of this
beloved nation.  We are so humble, tolerance, and law abiding citizens that
our future, the future of our children, and country will not remain in the
hands of selfish and sensless people.
        Mr. Jammeh will one day be accountable for all his actions and
disservice to the gambian people.  We are a nation bless by the Almighty, and
the dedications of our good citizens will not go invain.  Therefore, we can
safely say that things will one day be better for the gambian people.  Long
live our people and nation, down with oppressors and selfish citizens of the
gambia.
        A word of advice for the Jammeh klan:  The most powerful rulers and
dectators in the world have seen their down fall.  The most enjoyable days in
their lives have soured.  Therefore your klan has a mission and you have the
choice to do it right or wrong.  Whatever happens we will hold you
responsible.
        love,
concern citizen