GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 04:45:10 +0000
Mr Sey,
Your expression of outrage is understandable. Nobody indeed deserves the
acts of brutality we have been witnessing in the Gambia since July 22nd
1994. You are a poet, and here is a poem for you and folks :

      EVIL ON THE RAMPAGE

Quiet, quiet, be quiet!
Darkness has taken pre-eminence
As all evil shadows have enmassed
And light has made it's withdrawal
Waiting for its convenience

Quiet, quiet, oh be quiet!
I hear sounds coming
From the thicket of darkness
Speaking of evil machinations

Quiet, quiet, please be quiet!
Those weird sounds heralded
Issue from evil bodies
That mean no good to society
But evil only to all of us

Ssh, ssh, be quiet!
The owl king of the night
Has since retreated away
To his nocturnal secret sanctuary
Yet shaking with fear therein
As evil displays his strength

Ssh, ssh, oh be quiet!
Hear those infernal sounds
Depicting human movements
But hasty in their nature
Hurrying away and away
From the traps of evil
As he tries to make his triumph

Ssh, ssh, please be quiet!
The village drums are silent
The maiden have no songs
The young men are rubbing their hands
The elders are in perpetual retreat
Mothers' breasts alert
For fear of disturbing evil peace

But I see shadows in the dark
Creeping crawling and running
Too dark to be defined
Though projecting shapes human
So ugly and provoking fear

Come day the shadows disappear
As the darkness receeds
Becoming less threatening
Fears fly away
And pretense abounds

While the beauty of twilight persists
These fears do not return
But with darkness of night they return
Hurting like a sharpened sword
Purported to maim and murder

Tonight they take their true colours
Shedding their fake identities for daylight
Making evil schemes to destroy
So evil they make haste
For fear of revelation by day

But see them all crowned
Incarnations of Judas and Brutus
Who survive only though
Through acts of sin and treason
Living and not allowing to live

But how cowardly they are
Their war cry always mutted
And their manoeuvres of satanic sagacity
Heinous strategy worked out
To deliver the blow from behind

BY: Omar Joof.

>From: ESSA BOKARR SEY <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>CC: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: [>-<] Lawyer Ousman Sillah shot!
>Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 13:09:49 -0800 (PST)
>
>Fellow country men and women please lend me your ears and open up your
>hearts for the next five minutes and please read my piece hereunder....
>
>Am really sad and seriously concerned.This man has been doing a good job as
>a lawyer and he represented a lot of my family members-some in Swedena and
>others in other countries now.This news is sad and bad for me and those
>family members and for all those who wish Gambia well. Lawyer Sillah does
>not deserve being shot not at all!
>I think it's gone time that those who use the trigger start thinking twice
>because HE WHO LIVES BY THE GUN OR THE SWORD SHALL PERISH BY THOSE VERY
>WEAPONS.If anyone thinks that death or threats can silence people you are
>making a very big mistake! We will see and very soon time will tell!
>Am very very angry and sad because no group of people should hold all those
>courageous citizens hostage just because they have access to gun butts and
>used armoured cars.That is stupid and crazy.
>Between death and shame some choose the former and time will tell!
>Compromises cannot be forced into the minds of people we must live to
>disagree to agree but why should politics be mixed with killings,killings
>and killings all the time!!!!!!!
>Why?!!!!!!!!Anyway one day some people will know that actions speak louder
>than words we will see!
>After all many are silent and avoid unecessary confrontations not because
>they are scared but because we inherited traditional teachings and values
>thats all! Who cares about stupidity when there is no way to talk to people
>who have out wax in the ir ears and madness in their hearts?!!!!! Some
>people sya that most of those who write on the internet just talk and if
>they are brave let them meet us in The Gambia ok! Yes! there is an answer
>to every threat or mad rhetoric so we will see and one day some stupid
>bastards!!!will lean on their own faeces! Am not a bloody diplomat here
>because diplomacy should be reserved for people and not mules and donkeys
>period!
>WHY INTERRUPT JUSTICE AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME AFTER AL?!!!WHY?!!! I will send
>an article to all gambian news paeprs on these latest developments and i am
>ready to confront any bastard who thinks that you can stop people from
>talking.PEOPLE ARE SICK AND TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!
>  ESSA  BOKARR SEY AND OTHERS MAY DIE AND BE BURIED ALONG THE WAY BUT THOSE
>WHO THINK THAT THEY CONTROL LIFE IN THE GAMBIA SHOULD ALSO KEEP THEIR EYES
>WIDE OPEN.
>i AM READY OPPOSE PEOPL BUT I DO LIKE SEEING PEOPLE DYING BECAUSE OF MAD
>POLITICS AND AM WAITING FOR ANY DIRTY MOUTH FROM BANJUL TO COUNTERATTACK ME
>VERBALLY THEN THAT WILL BE THE BEGINNING OF  EVERYTHING UNTHINKABLE!!!
> [...]

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work —  and
yourself.   http://special.msn.com/msnbc/workingmom.armx