GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:31:37 EDT
Jabang,
    Many advocates of civil rights and equality have warned people to be
mindful of religious literate which can be used as a weapon to deter progress
in the Global struggle to educate people about their rights.
    I don't want to debate your religion neither discount your posting, what
I want you understand is that women are not mere servants. They are our
partners, our equal, and intellectually competent.
    To end this vicious circle of making women feel inferior we should engage
in literature that fosters positive vibes to the issue. I challenge you not
to defend your
position but to come up with something that will motivate our young women to
be all
they can in this dynamic economy.
     Thank you for the focus on gender discrimination.

Looking forward to learning from your postings soon.

Mabs