GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 14:32:45 +0100
                                  PANORAMA with 'Bulfaaleh'-Gambian Electoral Commission IEC Changes results without a petition to help President Jammeh.
  First time in world politics...Even Hitler would have at least cooked a petition.
  The Gambia's electoral Commission or the IEC-Independent Electoral Commission has done something unheard of. Mr. Ndondi Njie the head of the IEC is a trailer and nothing but a trailer. This man is a trailer carrying wagons of fear and fraud. It is of course a new dirty trick. Even dictators like Hitler might have at least prepared a bogus petition before influencing a body like the IEC. Who has ever heard or seen an Electoral Commission issuing two press releases for the same results? This is not part of the finest traditions of democracy. After the first press release was issued who thought that the IEC could jump out of their holes with such a disgraceful act?

  Jammeh good at election rigging!!!
  This shows the whole world that the harsh criticisms that are being written about this regime are the whole truth and nothing but the truth. What is being said against President Jammeh is what he does. He has once again disgraced those who think he is genuine. President Jammeh is an evil person. He is a menace.
  A blessing in disguise-The International world has seen who President Jammeh is.
  The IEC's latest insult to our intelligence and the arrest of the UPD/NRP candidate (immediately after the elections), is a clear indication. This shows the whole world that our's is not a democracy!
  Sometimes President Jammeh and those trying to appease him do help dig his grave deeper and deeper. The IEC's latest action and the arrest of the UDP/NRP candidate confirms what we predicted here two days ago. Hasn't President Jammeh arrested the UDP/NRP? We do not cook stories against the regime we have first hand facts from their own people everyday.
  The UDP/NRP candidate was set up by the NIA.
  This is exactly why I said in the last story i.e. under President Jammeh being in the opposition means being a supporter of Ndure Cham's coup d'etat. I am not surprised that President Jammeh arrested the UDP/NRP candidate as this was reported here before the elections. The NIA was working on getting the man because they hated the guy's guts during the rallies.
  The so-called commotion that took place in Pirang was actually orchestrated by President Jammeh's Intelligence. I heard them giggling about it. I was near them and I laughed with them as if I supported everything. I was disguising to get more facts from these goons.
  What they did was...instigate some youngsters, cause a fist fight or some kind of uprising in the village then associate it with the UDP/NRP candidate. This was done for dual purposes i.e. to threaten him before the next parliamentary elections and also keep him away to avoid a counter reaction after the IEC'S latest cooked press release.
  How can someone in a cell, waiting to be charged for inciting mutiny and public disorder be able to counter what the IEC released today? How on earth? Now instead of submitting a petition challenging the IEC's decision Lamin will be working on freeing himself from those bogus charges! He has been criminalized, when in actual fact he should have taken those who arrested him to court. This is Jammeh's Gambia. More will be released from the inner circles of the IEC. President Jammeh will never be able to relax on this one. He will also be shocked because I spoke to a foreign diplomat today who really thinks that the Banjul regime is total mess. There are surprises for President Jammeh,they are on the way.

Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2006 (Archive on Tuesday, May 30, 2006)
Posted by PANDERRYMBAI  Contributed by PANDERRYMBAI
    Return
        Rating:           [input] 1   [input] 2   [input] 3   [input] 4   [input] 5    Comments:      Save