GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 17:56:58 -0500
Pa Karamo:
I am not opposed to readmitting Matarr Njie on the Bantaba provided that
he apologizes to the community and especially those he insulted. He must
also promise to the community that the insults to our mothers, sisters,
wives, nieces and daughters will cease. Insults to Gambian mothers in
particular, is an affront/insult to us all.  The question is whether
Matarr will apologize and comply with the rules of civility, in order to
fulfill his part/obligation to the "healing/reconciliation" endeavor?
Another is whether Matarr's potential contribution to current and future
debates outweigh the insults and that as a community, can endure and
overlook the insults?

Abdoulaye