GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fye Samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:22:34 +0100
Asbjørn.

You are telling us Denmark is doing better in the developing countries than
most in the west.But forgetting to tells us the millions your country is making
on the tobaco industry.PRINCE as an example.Where is the raw tobaco coming
from? As Denmark lacks that climate for tobaco farming.You wrote!

Denmark has for nearly 20 years spend 1% of the BNP on projects in developing
countries,over the yeras with different focus and results

This percentage for 20 years did more for Denmark than the countries involved.
I think you better check your country's development program in the third world.
You are right Denmark contributed in the slave trade, Ghana still have Danish
names on slave houses.We can forgive but we can never forget your race did to
achive their imperialist mentallities but ofcourse we got to come to terms for the
better.
Denmak has a racist goverment and i agree with Saiks and Jawara,Is the Danish
people who voted for their anti imigrant and muslim rhetorics.Infact practising
institutional racism on the muslim society after the september event on family
reunion in terms of mariage is disgusting.But still as we are all scandinavians
citizens regard to our races is not a bad place to live as a tax payer for the social
welfare system.Perhaps you can enlighten us what's the cause of this rightwing
victory in Denmark,Have a nice and healty EASTER no bad feelings.

Regards
Fye Samateh
Oslo,Norway.

From: "Asbjørn Nordam"
Subject: Re: slavery , tolerance - Excerpt from Islam's Black Slaves:

Habib,
you are right, we must try and break the cycle of hatred against each other.

Slavery has existed long before Christianity and Islam. And it is well
documented that modern slavery is gigantic, more than the trans-atlantic
trade. We can all try and go back into history and try and ask for reasons
why. Many africans, african leaders  also think that the west has to
compensate what was taken under many hundreds years of the trans atlantic
slave trade.