GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mustapha Barrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:13:02 -0800
Welcome back Tombong,

Some of us were getting tired of the same old anti
Jammeh rhetoric. Let's debate the issues and also hear
from the inside.  I join you in saluting the Gambia-L
management for a job well done.

Mustapha Barrow.

--- TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

<HR>
<DIV><FONT size=4>
<P>Gambia &ndash;Lers,</P>
<P>I want to wish you all a Happy New Year since this
is my first contribution this year. I have been
following all the debates and things are not getting
any better in terms of substance and facts.</P>
<P>If I am right, the main purpose of the Gambia-L is
to discuss all issues concerning The Gambia with the
ultimate aim of making The Gambia a better place for
all. In light of this, all views should be heard and
all issues debated based on substance, merits and
demerits.</P>
<P>Let us debate the issues, policies, facts etc. Let
us come up with a list of topics to debate on and
debate them objectively. We could come up with a
mechanism whereby we would debate an issue or sets of
issues for a given time period and then move on to the
next. However, we could always come back to re-visit
issues that were already discussed. Such a mechanism
should not be rigid, but should be flexible enough to
allow things that are not listed to be discussed.</P>
<P>I believe both the Anti-Jammeh and the Pro-Jammeh
camps want The Gambia to be a place where they could
raise their kids peacefully and in harmony with their
neighbours. </P>
<P>We can start the debate with any topic, but let us
stick with the facts. There are more than 600 members
on the list (I stand to be corrected) however there
are some, who want to contribute, but they are afraid
of being insulted or branded something they are not.
For some of us who have been on the list from the
beginning (I joined he list few months after it was
created) would notice that there are some members who
no longer contribute and are just watching. This is
should not be the case.</P>
<P>I am supporter of President Jammeh and I joined his
camp voluntarily. Most of us have our own reasons why
we are Anti or Pro-Jammeh and despite our differences,
we should be able to have civil and mature
discussions.</P>
<P>The list managers need to be commended for they
have been doing a good job. Let all views be heard.
</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>PEACE</P>
<P>TOMBONG SAIDY</P></FONT>
<P><BR>&nbsp;</P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV><br clear=all><hr>Get Your Private, Free
E-mail from MSN Hotmail at <a

if you have problems accessing the web interface and
remember to write your full name and e-mail address.