GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pierre Gomez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:07:32 -0500
Dear Jahou,

You are a courageous woman for exposing the evils that were meted to you during the previous regime ( e.g. passport case). Sometimes i come close to a point of sympathising with Jammeh and then make a U-turn again. Jammeh like all of us was in the Gambia during Jawara's regime and perhaps, closer to the pa more than many of us. He knows why he staged his coup. Good reasons by the way!

However, he quickly demonised these very genuine reasons into a campaign of terror, intolerance and elimination. This ranks him no one evil man. These are evils that are making some people to hail Jawara and his gang of crooks (read Sana Manneh's Cases. Also errand boy sanneh who told Alghali commission that he fulls tax payers money in a big bag for distribution. this is from the horse's mouth) as angels. This is a wrong signal As far as i am concern, a criminal is a criminal and should not at any point be made to feel other wise. By so doing, we will never give credit to hard core bandits of the 90s to look like heros.

I bet all of you that some of the people making noise in the Gambia today, would become worse than Jammeh if they assume power. Their records have shown that their tempers were hotter that that of Jammeh. They have never been trained as soldiers, but they can slap and kick anybody anytime. And we want to make these people saints today.

Please, lets not betray our conscience. Lets be honest with ourselves. Lets read the profiles of all the candidates and i don't need to tell you the candidate with a clean profile. Let us not support people because we need to set a thief to catch a thief. this will prove disasterous in the long run.

I remind you again, you cannot trade a monster for a monster.

PG

Outgoing mail is Virus Scanned byNorman Data Defense. Inbound Spam reduced 98.2% byVircom Sieve. PghConnect Internet Services Internet service for only $6.95/mo. http://www.pghconnect.com
http://www.pghconnect.com/