GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 13:42:30 -0400
Dear Mr. Kujabi:

You must not be embarrassed by your Jola heritage because Jammeh is one,
and acts so recklessly.  Most Jolas I know are hard-working,and
peace-loving. The Jolas like the Manjagos have traditionally been
peoples who practiced "true democracy" as power was never concentrated
in one person.  Power was diffused and non-hierarchical, at least for
the men.

Jammeh has used his Jola heritage, like he uses religion, blame and
scapegoating to protect his own political/economic interests.  Do not
have Jammeh undermine your self-esteem.  Work toward his removal.

Abdoulaye