GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Solomon Njai <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 00:16:19 EDT
I do hope that recent events in the Gambia will change the dynamics of this
coming ALD, compared to the egocentric and divisive...'KOTOH YI AK HALEH YI'
generated by some selfish individuals, who only cared for groupings instead
of the Gambian community at large. I remembered ALD's during the early 80's
and nineties, when Gambia's yearned for graduations and ALD thereafter, not
now. It became a turnoff for most Gambia's including myself, who would only
attend the symposium at Howard U and that would be it....need no further
explanation. Please get your efforts together by being  sincere, respectful
and focused on the issues confronting us, instead of what's dividing us
[YAHYA JAMMEH]
peace