GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 09:35:42 -0500
Good people,
First of all let me just say that the following is merely an observation and
my opinion.

If the trend of the delisting continues , then what does the future hold for
Gambia-L?.Think about it!..U open your mailbox and the only postings you
have from Gambia L are from Mr Jaiteh(usually one line) and his cohorts,
then would the eagerness of reading postings continue? I say no and I mean a
big NO as far as I am concerned...If you take George, Dave, Mboge, Yus just
to name a few out of Gambia_l, then my friend what do you have?--once again
IMO, a forum that would be sort of boring or atleast not as informative as
it was or should be.

I support freedom of speech but I am in no way advocating vulagar language,

I  however believe that  we have a matured memebership and if one decides to
join a cyberspace forum, such language should be expected...What is
offensive to one may not neccessarily be to another..Like the Hon Robert
Nesta Marley said ."One man's meat is another man's poison.". I am of the
firm belief that the List management is bias for reasons know best to them
but if this continues, it will be to the detriment of the L.

We keep saying that the list is private and insinuating that they(the
management) can do what they darn well please but remember that without
subscribers, we have nothing abosulutely nothing--there will be nobody to
police around!!!

If we try to make a big deal out of nothing, in most cases, we succeed and
that's what I c here..."If it ain't broke don't fix it".Let's cut the
crab--all this censorship and dictatorship ain't gonna get us nowhere.
Let's agr
ee to disagree and live happily ever after.

When one door is shut another is open--I hate to c another list(replacing
G-L or otherwise) but if that's what has to be done to rid us of these
dictators, then I am all for it.

God Bless the Gambia.

Lang.