GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 04:15:47 +0000
Mr.NOrdam,
         Even objectivity itself will acccept the objective part of your
piece! If criticism is balanced then judgement shouldn't be based on
prejudice therefore I AM HAPPY TO SAY that you were FAIR and thats it!
Thank you!

YEROPULLOH!

>From: Asbjørn Nordam <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Misconceptions, Misunderstandings & Clarifications
>Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 07:47:36 +0100
>From [log in to unmask] Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:52:57 -0800
>Sender:       The Gambia and related-issues mailing list
>
>Mr. Gassama,
>you express my long time sentiments, when it comes to debate in The Gambia,
>or on the Gambia-L. And I could not have said it better than you do.
>
>A year ago I asked why is it, that some people on the list  praise and
>support each other, and express that those, who are not for are against.
>Why
>is it that in debates some have a tendency to force each other to the point
>of no return to a win-or-loose-situation. We must agree that we donīt see
>everything the same way around, and then what ? Why this wish for calling
>it
>all black or white. Things are not always black or white, letīs try and
>compromise sometimes, or just accept that we donīt agree.
>
>I also by coincident met people I only knew from the Gambia-L and that was
>really thrilling and a very good experience.
>
>Let me try in my poor english to give an impression, and risk an eye, how
>I,
>when it comes to the Gambia or gambian issues, am not only for or against.
>
>I have travelled since 78 to the Gambia and I like/love the country and
>most
>of the people I meet. I want to see the country developed, the faster the
>better. Like I try and learn and understand the people, history and
>tradition, I also try to understand different kinds of problem, from the
>ones inside a family, a compound, a village, up to the national and
>international ones.
>
>I accept if the people has got enough, they  try to get rid of their
>leaders, hopefully by ballot and not by a military take over as in The
>Gambia. But now itīs been like that, I can not change that situation, so I
>look forward and I do hope for the best. As in the Jawara days I did not
>see
>every thing black or white, itīs the same how I see the present president
>and government.
>
>  When I pay visits to The Gambia I am glad that there are so many
>progresses
>going on. Just to mention a few:
>I am happy that the country a few years back got a TV-station, to inform,
>educate the people, to give a platform for gambian culture. But at the same
>time I  could criticise the lack of  thorough  journalism on politics,
>national and local, like as a state-medium it should act more balanced.
>And even you have a state-supported news-station itīs important to
>accept/protect other private radio-stations, news-magazines etc. rights to
>also broadcast news.
>
>I am happy that there are so many schools build all over the country and
> [...]

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."