GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 12:08:46 -0500
Mr. Kah,

I agree that discussing the issues is what will help to portray the
opposition in a better picture at this time of the resistance tothe tyranny
we have back home. One of these issues is Jammeh's personality as a head of
state. You will undoubtedly agree that he is arrogant and sometimes beyond.
As a head of state, such personalities has rippling effects on every aspect
of governance,thus indirectly to daily life in Gambia. Disecting and
analysing such characteristics in ahead of state is a well founded approach
to removing decadence in ours'. By doing so, no one is claiming to have the
answers. We are only trying to understand what we see and hear.
Check this out, he - Yaya Jammeh - pres
ents himself as the state, the
government and the APRC (Arrogant President Ruling a Country). He, on many
occasions, utters scornful and condescendingly proud invectives such as 'my
hospitals', 'my schools', 'my roads','if you don't vote for me I will make
sure you suffer'. Do you honestly think that his personality should not be
an issue? The same goes for those very close to him, those who take the law
in their own hands without much done about it. They see themselves and act
like they are the authority because they are "loyal" to Jammeh and
thus "patriots".
The cleansing has to start with the personalities - personailities that
determine how a leader will succeed in bringing everyone together for a
better and prosperous nation.

My Opinion.

Good day to you.

Abdoulie A.Jallow