GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ngorr Ciise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 12:09:27 +0000
Karamba,

My initial reaction to Mboge's delistment was to delist myself in protest.
But i figured we can fight this arrogant group that is hellbent on turning
this List another subservient forum for APRC propaganda.

IMO, what we have here is some low self esteem, morally fastiditious and
mealy mouthed individuals - personified by Jaiteh - who are laws unto
themselves. Take his absurd obsession with delisting subscribers who don't
behave according to his own absurd moral outlook. He never scrupulously
follows this obsession evenhandedly. As Mboge pointed out, Pa Modou Gassama
used the "arsehole" more than once to describe Ams Jallow. Can anyone
imagine "dickhead" being more inappropriate than "arsehole"? Did they do
anything about Pa Modou's childish ravings and rantings? People like Ebou
Jallow have done worse; yet, it was left to the protestations of decent
folks on the List for days on end before he was delisted. But he is with us
today.

The composition of this List Management - with a few possible exceptions -
is suspect. The cronyism that led to the "appointment" of Sidibeh doesn't
help matters: Sidibeh is prejudiced against the likes of me and Dampha.

Like you, if Brother Mboge is not re-subscribed again, i will leave politely
and quietly, without much ado. Perhaps, this has been the game plan all
along. Now, who would not speculate that Yaya or his acolytes on this List
are largely responsible for this deplorable trend with behind the scenes arm
twisting? If Katim Touray's history on this List is anything to go by, it is
that we must ever be distrustful of mealy mouthed, politically correct, and
self-conscious mild mannered Phds.