GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ceesay Soffie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 08:09:06 -0400
Jabou asked -

                I just have one question on F. Jahumpa's  alleged version of
the million mom
                march. What exactly are these moms supposed to be
celebrating, their support
                of genocide in The Gambia? Wonders never cease.

                Jabou.

Indeed, Jabou.  Wonders never cease especially with this regime.  The
Million Man March in Washington promoted PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY (foreign
language to the butcher of Kanilai), and the Million Mom March promoted
SENSIBLE GUN CONTROL (no sense in opening fire with live ammunition on
children) and the passage of safe gun control policies.  Mrs. Jahumpa Ceesay
got her idea of a march from these two, I'm sure.  What, in the name of
justice, is the message she wants sent out?  If she manages, which I doubt,
to import and or pay a million moms to participate in this march, the moms
should turn the thing inside out and instead show their anger and disgust
against the insanity of our violence prone government.

Soffie