GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamine Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 17:16:54 -0500
Comrades:

The latest news on stranded Gambian pilgrims
is disturbing.  The proprietor of Globe Travel
Agency should be sued to the last penny.
Pa N'jie and his company have failed and must
compensate these pilgrims for mental anquish.

I vividly remember some three years ago when my
mother complaint about the terrible services
that Globe Travel rendered to its customers
in Mecca.  I chose Globe because I was impressed
with Pa N'jie's desire to succeed as an entrepreneur.
Pa, from a prudent business point of view, you
should willingly compensate your stranded
customers.

On another note it seems any credible government
would charter a plane to Saudi Arabia and bring
its citizens back to The Gambia.  A credible
government then should bill Pa N'jie and Globe
for the entire costs.  It is a shame for the dictator           to fly
around like a circus, but cannot aid Gambians
in such a needed time.

The monarchy in Saudi Arabia also is bent on making
money.  What is the significance of Hajj to Moslems?
Is Saudi Arabia using the Hajj as a business model?
I thought Islam preaches submission and love.  My feeling
is that the old mighty dollar is more important than
reaching out to fellow Moslems.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh