GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 14:22:50 +0100

THE PDIOS.
Resist to Exist.

The PDOIS was my party and still is in my upbringing and is in my Resistant Half-Die blood. But I
don't vote PDIOS.

TEACHING POLITICS:
Yes ,this is what they have been doing best ,Teaching politics to the Gambian people. But they are
not a force to win big votes due to the premature political nature of the gambia dominated by
religion and tribalism.

I was an informal member of PDIOS. They will always be an honest party of the people because of
their Pan African Roots. They need some more youths in the line of duty in politics. Halifa Sallah
is the only visible member of PDIOS and he can't be a one man Army. The risk is too high. He will
be crushed by aggeression defencelessly as the politics intensify in the coming years in the
Gambia.

UNOFFICIAL HISTORY
Most of the Gambian- Ghana students "The Kwame Nkumarah group of students" Came back to the Gambia
from Ghana and changed the political landscape. But they were quickly cruxified and badmarked as
communists and trouble makers. They started the Tonya paper and the radical offensive group Black
sciopions and The Black brotherhood. The gave support to the union strikes and introduced the
Anachist cook -book and Molotov -cocktail to the Gambia and Senegal.

The polular Senegalese rebel student leader Late Omar Blondy Diop  ( Alpha Blondy renamed himself
after him) was schooled in the Pan African struggle by Gambian scholars. He lived at 66 Leman
Street with Tapha Touray  On returned to Senegal he was MURDERED by the Senegalese forces. Jawara
/PPP banned The Black brother hood and President  Seneghore banned the Student's union at Dakar
University and closed the university.

> Most of the ex-members of The Black brother hood became initiators of  the Kwame Nkumarah
> Memorial foundation which later became Moja.

> These are my close friends I see on daily basis from school to riots . We spreaded magazines and
> books and exchanged banned books and communist literature.As Moja was banned by the PPP and
> exiled one of the leader Alassan Sarr to Senegal the pary members went underground and
> transformed into a formal political party of the people.

BURNING BOOKS IN THE GAMBIA
The PPP government were going from house to house arresting people and siezing books and burning
BOOKS at the banjul police station at Buckle Street.

> .The party lost a list of unique names of campaingers like Habib Sallah, Sol Sedebeh, ,Essa
> Jobe,etc. We opened a store in Serekunda right opposite the small street of Halifa sallah (next
> to Gibou Jagne UP , Serekunda's member of parliament)

IDEALOGICAL FORCE
The teaching of PDIOS is the last face of political dialogue in the Gambia political system. The
last teachers of honest African future.

The struggle continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oko Drammeh