GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:01:34 +0000
Musa, thanks for this forward.  I however, do not see the benefit to us
Africans distinguishing between Arabian and Western slaves.  The bottom line
is, it was against our will and that millions of us died at both camps.
Both camps were bestial and we should not be hoodwinked in this theory of
"lesser of two evils".  Both were a conspiracy against Africans and without
the main product "African", we would not be talking about the transatlantic
and Saharan slave trade.  Both have slavery in common.  This economics
versus service comparison does zilch for the lynched or castrated slave.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou