GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 22:27:57 GMT
Hamjatta,

I agree with much of what you've said, especially about the privacy part.
I'd hate to see Gambian journalism go down the Tabloid route. But, knowing
how slow life is in the Gambia, I bet there's a lot of interest in learning
who the latest #1 Lady is. It's a shame, but that's our reality. My main
concern though, has to do with the way these journalists get handled. If
Yaya succeeds in silencing the press, we'll all suffer somehow. If you think
things are bad now, imagine how it will be with fewer roving eyes watching
the govt.'s excesses.

Saul.