GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ams boye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:58:39 +0100
Mr Conteh, if there`s anything you need to post to this list is an apology to Joe. If not people like me will find it very hard to swallow anything else you in person post here. You keep getting the mickey off yourself, degrading your personality and making people in this list continuousely disheartened in your postings.
  Why do you kleep contradicting yourself? Was it not you that launched personal and tribalist attacks on someone in here, when the issue at hand was something which needed constructive and responsible response instead. I suggest you take a very close look at yourself and some of the postings you make in here, some of them by far depart from what they are suppossed to be.
  So people like me will find it very hard to swallow your postings, no matter what unless you start getting rid of your irresponsible and dishonest self by apologizing to Joe about fabrications linking him to Harry.
  Human beings are bound to make mistakes, and errors are bound to occur as no man is perfect. But upon realizing them, it`s for you to take the steps necessary.
  On the issue of Ousainou Darboe, he is a big time narrow nationalist, and a tribalist politician yes! and i have strong grounds to back this claim.

  "Though we may not agree politically, our constant fights are
enabling Jammeh to achieve his ultimate goal. This goal is
to divide and rule. If your enemy is arrested, I conclude with
reasonableness that Jammeh is still at the helm. What
are you going to do?"

  We are not fighting here. Are we? All we`re doing here is discuss and enlighten eachother, unless if you take some of our opposing views too personal and react too emotional to some of them as you did in the case of Joe.
  What we`re saying to you here is simple, those that aid Jammeh to perpetrate injustice and disadvantage others need not to be sympathized when it comes to their turn. We just beleive its their past atroscities that keeps haunting them. So what if Dibba and those arrested were still with Jammeh? They would still have been aiding him with his evil plans. Do you wanna tell us these people never had clues of what went on, how Koro Cessay, Deyda and others were murdered and how Lawyer Ousman Sillah was shot etc etc. They very well knew how things went and the type of Jammeh they served. So why didn`t they give up their posts or say no to Jammeh`s evil plans and commands? Greed!
  So its now for them to taste what innocent folks went through......

  "I may disagree with Sister Jabou, but I will never attack
her because deep down in me, I know she will always be
my big sister. I will never let that opportunity to go away.
Oh bless her heart, I cry."

  All we focusing on here is nation building and the way forward for Gambia. So when dealing with issues of such nature sisterly/brotherly relations take far less preceedence over the real issue at hand.
  I don`t think this has any room in this forum.
  I just hope you`ll apologize to Joe, soon in your next posting.

Jassey Conteh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Comrades:

After reading postings from Mr. MBye Sey and Dr. Jaiteh, I think
it is relevant that we concentrate on issues. Thus, I appeal to
Mr. Tunkara and Mr. Sanneh to use the delete button in deleting
offensive postings from some. I do not read explicit postings.
I seemly delete them.

I encourage Tunkara and Sanneh to continue writing objective
postings. Don't let anyone silence you. You have every right to
participate in a decent debate.

It does not make sense to debate with people who only know
explicit words. The Gambia's problems are our problems. I
believe though that the issue of tribalism has to be debated.
Ousainou Darboe has every right to context the presidency
His critics have every right to oppose him. But they do not
have any right to criticize him as a Mandinka. It is
discriminatory to say: "Mandinkas thought they have
birth right to the presidency." Every Gambian has a right
to be president. The people in the Gambia have the right
to elect a president. I thought Mr. Drammeh was right
when he said he does not belong to any tribe.

Though we may not agree politically, our constant fights are
enabling Jammeh to achieve his ultimate goal. This goal is
to divide and rule. If your enemy is arrested, I conclude with
reasonableness that Jammeh is still at the helm. What
are you going to do?

I may disagree with Sister Jabou, but I will never attack
her because deep down in me, I know she will always be
my big sister. I will never let that opportunity to go away.
Oh bless her heart, I cry.

I also believe that every Gambian deserves to be treated
justly. I do not subscribe to the notion that an enemy
is an enemy for ever. I this context, I stand here to
defend the right of every Gambian, who has been
arrested by this dictatorship. Remember, Jammeh is
getting closer to every Gambian. It may be Dibba
today, but who knows who is next? If one sings and dances
for Dibba's arrest, who knows whether your friend, or
big brother may be next.

Naphiyo,
Comrade Jassey-Conteh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい