GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 1999 04:19:27 PST
Jabou,

I am really disappointed by you. First and foremost, I sent you a private
mail and if I want to go public about it, I would have posted it for every
body to read. Secondly, I assumed that you wanted to keep this
person's/family's name private since you deliberately withheld the names.
Looking back at your postings, especially since Ambassador Grey-Johnson took
over at DC, I am not after all surprised. I can fully remember the personal
attacks on Ambassador Grey-Johnson from you and some members of the list had
to intervene before it stopped.

A few selected members of list accepted your assertion without even
verifying the truth of your statement. I know some people live and survive
by 'Jammeh bashing', but for the interest of peace and a hopeful future, let
us be more objective in our criticisms and arguments. If your assertion is
true, could you please give us the name of this person or persons whose
passport has/have been seized by Ambassador Grey-Johnson or any other
Ambassador of that matter.

I will repeat, I can assure you and all the "nay-sayers" out there that it
is not a policy of the Jammeh Government to seize passports of
non-supporters and the President did not direct any body to do so. I have
never set my eyes either, on this so-called  "Jammeh List".

This is a challenge to Jabou and the other to give us the name or names of
the persons whose passports have been taken away by any Gambian Embassy/High
Commission. You have been preaching about transparency, could you please be
transparent at least on this issue.

PEACE

TOMBONG SAIDY